PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Two different Rikenon 50/2 lenses

Asking Price
29.00 USD (each); less if combined

Item Location
Portland Oregon (United States)

Item Description
Rikenon (original) XR 50mm f2.0 in perfect optical and mechanical condition; no issues

Rikenon 50mm f2.0 "L" version in perfect optical and mechanical condition; no issues

The Rikenon 50mm f2.0 lenses are reputed (and tested) to be sharper than the smc-m and smc-a versions (both 1.7 and 2.0) at f2.0. The "bokeh" is also different, verging on "swirly".

The "L" version is newer and has slightly different coatings. Makes no difference in photos that I can tell. The original XR version is heavier, all metal.

I have tested both lenses and am attaching photos taken at f2.0. Also, elsewhere in my posts I have compared the rikenon 50/2 to my best copy of the smc-M 50/1.7 at f5.6 and you can see that comparison if you search my posts.

The lenses have minor wear marks on the barrels. Nothing to obsess about.

Neither lens has the dreaded "ricoh pin"

Shipping can be combined if you take both lenses.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
At cost

Shipping Services
USPS, UPS, other

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns: At my discretion I will accept a return if item condition is not as shown or item is not functionally as described. Note: return shipping and initial shipping charges will generally not be refunded.

Notes on condition: All items are tested and condition thoroughly checked prior to listing. I rate conservatively. Please contact me first with any further questions about condition or shipping/refunds prior to purchase.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 03-20-15 at 12:30 PM ----------

Both shots are wide open at f 2.0. Semi-swirly bokeh can be seen in the photo of shoes.

Here is the comparison of the XR "L" 50/2 Rikenon to the smc-M Pentax lens - both at f5.6 (middle of the page). I actually prefer the Rikenon shot. Less clinical and has better color palette IMO:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/122-lens-clubs/250051-ricoh-rikenon-k-mou...ml#post3142914

---------- Post added 03-21-15 at 09:21 AM ----------

Original XR Rikenon 50/2 is sold; 50/2 "L" version still available. --Pixel

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DS  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DS  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 

Last edited by Pixel-8; 03-20-2015 at 12:57 PM.
03-30-2015, 07:55 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 12 (100%)
Original Poster
Still have the 50/2 Rikenon XR "L" lens available. $29 + Shipping.

It is the lens that took the photo of the shoes and of books. Really great lens indoors, wide open. Also has interesting bokeh as seen in the shot of the shoes (focus was on the two tags on the front shoe).

Last edited by Pixel-8; 03-31-2015 at 08:47 AM. Reason: accuracy
04-21-2015, 04:19 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 12 (100%)
Original Poster
Rikenon L lens still for sale - it's perfect optically. Very sharp in center from wide open. Slightly swirly bokeh, but not as swirly as Helios.