03-31-2015, 08:00 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 149 (100%)
InfraRed (IR) Converted *istDL2 - Great for Taking IR Photos w/o Using a Tripod

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
InfraRed (IR) Converted *istDL2 - Great for Taking IR Photos w/o Using a Tripod

Asking Price
125.00 USD with Registered Airmail shipping included to anywhere around the world, that's a lot cheaper than the conversion fee alone...

Item Location
Singapore (Singapore)

Item Description
Haven't taken photos much in the past a couple of years, not to say IR photos. Kinda waste keeping this little fun camera around. I guess it's better to let someone else continue taking some fun photos with this.

The camera was converted a few years ago by my buddy friend, lianglunche, an experienced technician who has done hundreds of IR camera conversion in most camera mounts (Pentax, Canon, Nikon, Mirrorless ...). Basically the camera can only take IR photos now, but since it's converted near the sensor, you don't need to use an IR filter to do so, nor a tripod (which is a must if you use a non-converted camera with an IR filter to take IR photos).

It's still working great in all functions other than the shutter button which is a bit stiff. You need to press it a bit harder to take photos. Just give it a try when you get the camera and get some feeling about the stiffness of the shutter button, then you are ready to go.

Here are a few photos of the actual camera selling, just the camera body w/ a 2GB SD card (the camera supports up to 4GB card I think) and a Nikon viewfinder enlarger (which some considered as better than the Pentax one), no AA batteries or other accessories will be included in the package:

Hadn't been used for a long while until Feb this year when I gave it a last spin before deciding to let it go. Here are a few photos I took with the camera a couple of months ago:

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Included

Shipping Services
Registered Airmail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Return if not as described, but return shipping cost is on the buyer.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 03-31-15 at 11:04 PM ----------

The best part about an IR converted camera is to be able to take moving subject in IR which isn't possible at all when using a non-converted camera with an IR filter in front of the lens, like these:

Last edited by frank; 03-31-2015 at 08:07 AM.
03-31-2015, 08:40 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
P.M sent.
03-31-2015, 10:16 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
I want it and can send PayPal payment immediately. Please let me know by PM if I can take it. Thanks, ivan
03-31-2015, 11:50 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 19 (100%)
PM sent.....

03-31-2015, 03:19 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for interested in the camera. Currently it's pending for payment. Will update here again when it's done.

---
It's been sold now. Thanks again for all the interests.

Last edited by frank; 03-31-2015 at 03:54 PM.
03-31-2015, 03:29 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
Hey Frank! Long time. Too bad you're not shooting but glad you're still around.

FYI to the buyer - I used an IR filter from Frank (probably the same guy who did your conversion?) and still use my IR-converted 6-megapixel *ist DS. I just printed a 12"x18" which is tack sharp from it! Amazing how much more resolution was in those little 6MP cameras when you remove the fuzzy filter from it. You should be very happy!

03-31-2015, 03:53 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by carpents Quote
Hey Frank! Long time. Too bad you're not shooting but glad you're still around.

FYI to the buyer - I used an IR filter from Frank (probably the same guy who did your conversion?) and still use my IR-converted 6-megapixel *ist DS. I just printed a 12"x18" which is tack sharp from it! Amazing how much more resolution was in those little 6MP cameras when you remove the fuzzy filter from it. You should be very happy!

Hi Sean,

Those are beautiful! Wish I could have something scenes like those to shoot at.

Yes, the filter I passed to you were from my buddy friend too. I think quite a few guys here bought converted cameras from here as well.

Hope I'd post here more often in the future.

Cheers!

Frank