PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Vivitar 285 Zoom Thyristor flash with multiple accessories

Asking Price
45.00 USD

Item Location
Montreal (Canada)

Item Description
I'm selling my Vivitar 285 flash mostly because I have now purchased a pair of Yongnuo, so I feel like I don't need it anymore. For those who doesn't know about the Vivitar 285, it is regarding as being a very good manual flash. I wasn't around at the time, but I'm pretty sure it was a high end flash when it came out. This flash doesn't offer P-ttl, but does have a light meter for some auto mode (I only used it in manual mode, so please refer to the user manual for more information...!) From what I heard, the Thyristor makes it a great flash for bounced flash photography. The head will tilt but not swivel. The flash holds well in all tilted position. It also offer a manual zoom (to adjust the spread of the light).

With the purchase you get :
- The Vivitar 285 flash with its original box and user manual
- 4 battery holder (it works on 4 AA battery - with those holder, you can prepare 4 different sets of battery and replace them quickly)
- one power supply SB-6 (allows for quicker recharge time and save up tons of battery)
- one sensor cord SC-3 (allows to take the flash light sensor and place it elsewhere than directly onto the flash)
- one wide angle attachment

Flash works well without any problem that I can tell. I have used it with wireless trigger and on camera with success. I used it for about 100 shots while doing product photography. Also, I find that Vivitar 285 flashes make a very noticeable high pitch sound when turned on. I've had 3 of those, and it's always been the same sound, so I figure that's normal.

50USD-->45 shipped to Canada and 55USD-->50 shipped to the US

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
free in Canada, 5$ in the US

Shipping Services
Canada Post / USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Item may be returned if significantly not as described. Buyer pays for return shipping and refund is issued once I get the item back.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5s  Photo 

Last edited by kp0c; 05-02-2015 at 05:44 PM.
04-08-2015, 11:39 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 45 (100%)
I've used this flash for a time, and it's a fine tool. the inclusion of the power supply and meter cable make this package pretty unique. Good luck to the seller.
04-15-2015, 05:58 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 62 (100%)
Original Poster
mid week bump!
04-21-2015, 04:14 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
second bump - any question? Don't hesitate to ask!

04-26-2015, 12:08 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
weekend bump
05-02-2015, 05:45 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bump for price cut
05-02-2015, 06:30 PM   #7

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Hi. I have one of these and use it for a studio light. Another one would be awesome! I'll take it. What do we do now? I'm new here.