K100D Infrared

Asking Price
200.00 USD

Item Location
Hillsboro, OR (United States)

Item Description

Pentax 15mm Limited HD - $old -
Pentax 15mm Limited SMC - $old -

Pentax K100D Converted to Infrared Capable - $200 - I bought this K100D off ebay as "non-working". The owner had been told it needed a shutter but everything else worked fine. I purchased it with the intention of converting my 16-50 2.8 to screw drive, so it was fine for that task. Once that was complete I decided to look into the shutter problem. It turns out that there was a tiny piece of plastic in the shutter that was causing the blades to hang up. Once removed (don't worry, I am a professional. In a past life I used to work for the infamous ex-Pentax repair shop in the desert), the camera worked fine. Without a need for a second body, and a rather low resale value on an older body, I decided to remove the hot filter for IR use. This camera is perfect for the task because 1. It can shoot RAW. 2. There is an in-body focus adjustment seemingly without limitations. 3. Without the hot filter you can take IR photos handheld, at normal shutter speeds. In full sun I typically shoot at 1/250 f8. 4. It takes SD cards (up to 4GB). 5. It takes AA batteries.

The body of the camera is flawless. I will include the 4GB Micro SD card and adapter that I have been using with it. Other than that the body will come with the white body cap and nothing else. I believe the shutter count was just over 27k when I checked previously, I can look again if someone needs me to, I don't have the camera with me at the time of this posting as I am at work. I also don't have pictures of the body with me, but as I said, it is flawless.

I realized when I got the pictures inside that the 15mm twins were a little dusty (that's what I get for using a 100mm macro to take "for sale" pictures...) I will give them a good cleaning before shipping them out to their new homes.

Paypal and Shipping are on me.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
Included

Shipping Services
USPS Flat Rate

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No Returns unless grossly misrepresented.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by Kylv; 05-10-2015 at 09:10 AM. Reason: prices lowered
05-06-2015, 07:50 AM   #2

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Original Poster
Prices lowered. Send me some offers, I want to get into a Sigma 8-16 by June 1st!
05-08-2015, 02:07 PM   #3

Original Poster
Fear not of the dust people! The caps are always on my lenses when not in use, there is no dust inside of these lenses, just the outsides. Prices lowered again.
05-20-2015, 09:38 AM   #4

Original Poster
Both 15mm Limiteds are sold. Infrared K100D still available.

05-20-2015, 01:08 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
CRIS is no longer pentax's repair place??
05-20-2015, 01:41 PM   #6

Original Poster
That is correct, but was not of my doing. I left long before that took place.