Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2015, 08:08 AM   #1

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Found one.

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hi,
I'm looking for a good quality, used, gimbal type head that will be used to support a 300mm f2.8 lens + camera, only. I'm not too worried about cosmetics. I'm more concerned about stability and fluid movement.

Been looking at the Jobu Junior but some people complain about it's stability so I'm not sure it's the one that I want. Maybe a Wimberly?

If possible, I would like to keep the price at or under a few hundred dollars, too. All depends on what you've got.

If you've got one for sale, please let me know -or- maybe you've got a recommendation?

Thanks and get out there and wear out that camera! - cameraniac

Last edited by cameraniac; 05-08-2015 at 11:05 PM. Reason: No longer needed.
05-08-2015, 10:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 39 (98%)
Beike BK 45 Professional Gimbal Tripod Head for Camera Telephoto Lens | eBay

You really cannot beat these for the $$$ I used one with as much as an A*600/5.6 and it more than held its own. I do enjoy my more expensive head now that I have one but thats just me being picky. Several members have used this brand and have echoed my sentiments.
05-08-2015, 10:40 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by littledrawe Quote
Beike BK 45 Professional Gimbal Tripod Head for Camera Telephoto Lens | eBay

You really cannot beat these for the $$$ I used one with as much as an A*600/5.6 and it more than held its own. I do enjoy my more expensive head now that I have one but thats just me being picky. Several members have used this brand and have echoed my sentiments.
I'm glad that you replied because I had forgotten all about creating this post.

I ended up just getting a NEST for my lens: Camera Cottage - Equipment

I hope I didn't pay too much for it. I'll be able to tell if I did after I receive it.

Thanks for trying to help, littledrawe. I appreciate it. - cameraniac

Last edited by cameraniac; 05-08-2015 at 11:13 PM.