Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2015, 05:23 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
Pentax DA 40mm XS, MINT

ABOUT ME/WHO YOU ARE BUYING FROM:
I have been a forum member for almost 3 years. I have also been an Ebay member for over 10 years with over 230 positive feedbacks scoring 100% positive. My eBay account name is nrs2112, so you can research me there. I explain all conditions of any of my gear in the listing with detail. I will not sell an item with a defect or any shortcomings without you knowing. All details of the item should be listed. If you have questions, please post them or Private Message me.

PENTAX 40mm XS Lens For Sale - Used in Like New/Mint Condition:
This lens has rarely left my house. It is Mint, no dust, no scratches, and focuses flawlessly. What is NOT flawless is sharpness, and few lenses are flawless, so this is to be expected. This lens is pretty sharp in the center wide open at f2.8, and borders are pretty soft until f4. However, at f5.6, this lens is sharp all over and has almost no CA. It does purple fringe at the sharpest focus points at f2.8-f4, but at f4/f4.5, fringing is gone. This lens is excellent at f2.8 for portrait or close subjects, and sharp for landscape at f6.3-f8. If you do your homework, what I am reporting here about this lens is common for the XS 40mm.

Overall, the good report for this lens is that it has fast focusing, accurate focusing, little or no CA's, well controlled fringing, little or no bokeh fringing, 9 rounded aperture blades for beautiful bokeh, metal mount, small size for easy use, and tack sharp in the center at f3.2/f4 and up to f10, with great borders at f6.

Will ship ASAP after receiving PayPal Payment. I ONLY accept PayPal to CONFIRMED addresses.

Shipping in the Continental U.S. is 11.00 USD for USPS Priority 2-3 day shipping.

OUTSIDE THE CONTINENTAL U.S., PLEASE CONTACT ME WITH A ZIP CODE AND COUNTRY FOR SHIPPING RATES.

Please ask questions prior to purchase.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 

Last edited by JF Jayhawk; 12-11-2015 at 05:49 PM.
05-29-2015, 01:43 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
PM sent

---------- Post added 31st May 2015 at 10:12 ----------

PM sent, ones more.
06-04-2015, 12:21 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Pentax DA 40mm XS shipped to new haven ct?
12-11-2015, 05:35 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
PM sent.