Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2017, 06:53 PM   #106
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Feedback Score: 40 (100%)
Quick bump, until the end of the month, remember that all proceeds will be donated to charity to help support hurricane victims!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-22-2017, 11:30 PM   #107
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Black Friday discounts are now live on all eBooks!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-08-2018, 02:22 PM   #108
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Original Poster
We are still the largest vendor for Pentax eBooks. We recently moved to the East Coast but we remain accessible on PentaxForums as well as ebooks4cameras.com
02-28-2018, 09:52 PM   #109
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The Pentax eBooks are not just a fancy rendition of the Pentax OEM manuals. Our eBooks do not only explain about the camera buttons, switches, and menus. Unlike the manufacturer's manual, it is also a source of information about getting better in your photography endeavors, such as the relationship between the aperture, shutter speed, ISO. It explains clearly histograms, white balance, color space, detailed focusing availability including the which, how, and when, bracketing, videography, WiFi capabilities and how to use them. There are hundreds of images and how to picture similar images, and so much more. The OEM manual shows the camera nomenclature but doesn't do a good job at explaining how, when, and why to use them.
Our eBooks have all the information about your camera, but it's not a manual. It's a photography course using your particular Pentax DSLR model.

P.S. Now that the K-1 Mark II has been announced for deliveries in April, the K-1 eBook will be updated to include the K-1 Mark II.

03-01-2018, 08:28 PM   #110
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
Yvon,
Loving the KP book so far. Just trying to get my brain ready for when my new camera arrives in a few days.
Good work!
03-07-2018, 08:14 AM   #111
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Yvon,
Loving the KP book so far. Just trying to get my brain ready for when my new camera arrives in a few days.
Good work!
I actually love the KP. It operates similarly to the K-1 but at less than half price with an APS-C sensor.
03-07-2018, 09:02 AM   #112
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
It feels a lot like a smaller version of the K-1. I only played with the K-1 at the store but it felt like it was machined out of a solid block of alloy. The KP feels solid in a similar fashion.
I use an Amazon Kindle Hd to read and Calibre book reader had trouble converting to Mobi format so I could use bookmarks and it would remember where I was in the book. PDF does not do that well.
Any possibility for other formats for E reader users? Just a thought for future editions.
Thanks again, Tom

03-08-2018, 09:06 PM   #113
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The eBooks are in PDF format because they contain so many pictures, illustrations, etc. We have tried other formats but they don't allow so many images and size of the eBooks (300 pages or more). The images get bumped on the other formats, like Kindle and it becomes really hard to follow the stream. The eBooks work very well with Apple iBooks.
I really wish I could publish my eBooks on Amazon, but it's practically impossible. Kindle allows the readers to change the font size, and thus push the images in a uncontrollable way that makes it hard to read the eBook while looking at the referenced image.
03-09-2018, 02:30 AM   #114
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Are the books re-downloadable? I plan on getting the K1 book but am not sure if I should wait for the MKii version.
Thank you.
03-09-2018, 03:16 AM - 1 Like   #115
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by DonovanJM Quote
Are the books re-downloadable? I plan on getting the K1 book but am not sure if I should wait for the MKii version.
Thank you.
Yes they are. We will offer the K-1 II eBook to users who have already purchased the K-1 version.

Adam

03-09-2018, 07:56 PM   #116
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yes they are. We will offer the K-1 II eBook to users who have already purchased the K-1 version.
Awesome! Thank you!
03-25-2018, 07:47 PM   #117
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The Pentax K-1 Mark II eBook will be available about the same time that the K-1 Mark II DSLR will be available.

---------- Post added 03-25-18 at 07:56 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by DonovanJM Quote
Thank you.
Anyone that purchased the K-1 will be able to upgrade to the K-1 Mark II eBook for free,
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
04-03-2018, 09:05 PM   #118
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The K-1 Mark II eBook will be available for purchase Friday, April 6th.
04-06-2018, 01:39 PM   #119
Administrator
Site Webmaster

FYI the K-1 II eBook is now available at an introductory price of 25% off!

Adam

04-06-2018, 07:25 PM   #120
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by ebooks4pentax Quote
To all my clients, let me know what you think of the new e-book. Future clients, email me for a free sample: brqyvn@gmail.com
I found your e-book on the K-3 very helpful. The content is great. Thank you!

Just a suggestion: in terms of lay out I would like to see the chapter index (table of contents) sub-dvided into sections so you can quickly find sub-sections in the table of contents.

All I can see is the chapter headings as book marks on the left hand side in Acrobat Reader. Be good if each subsection in the chapters was also bookmarked so you can just click on it in the table of contents to jump to that section. Is that functionality already there?