Item for Sale
SMC Pentax FA Macro 100mm f2.8

Asking Price
350.00 CAD

Item Location
Ottawa (Canada)

Item Description
SMC Pentax FA Macro 100mm f2.8

Spring is in the air and now all those flowers and bugs need someone to photograph them! Not to mention all those fair maidens needing flattering portraits. This lens excels at both.

It is simply excellent. It is in excellent condition all around. Only faint signs of use and one small rub mark about 3mm long (see 3rd picture, just below the screw). Glass is crystal clear. Focus is crazy fast on my K-5. There is a very small amount of wobble in the extending barrel (i.e. hood) that is typical of these lenses and does not affect photo quality (and is way less than I’ve seen in my DA lenses!) Just mentioning it in case the buyer is not experienced with these lenses and finds it off-putting.

This lens has produced many excellent photos for me (examples here https://www.flickr.com/search/?tags=smcpentaxfamacro100mmf28&sort=relevance&...d=21681989@N08). However, I am replacing it with the SMC-D FA 100mm WR. I may regret that because with this older FA lens you get things that have been taken away from the newer model including:

- an aperture ring, necessary if you are wanting to use extension tubes for extra magnification
- a focus limiter which drastically improves autofocus speeds when you set it to either work in the macro or regular range
- a focus clamp which stops focus from ‘creeping’ when you’ve set it
- being built like a tank, solid as!
- capable of being used with “catch in focus”/“focus trap”.

But, for me, the lighter weight and weather sealing of the newer D FA WR model just barely offsets its shortcomings. So please take this excellent lens off my hands and put it to good use.

I bought the lens used from Roberts Cameras a bit over a year ago and could not have been happier with the condition of the lens when it arrived. I’ve talked about it around here at least a couple of times.

American Buyers, note that this is Canadian Dollars, so you are looking at about a 20% discount off the price given the exchange rate.

$350 Shipped, insured and Paypal’ed, wherever. Canadians can pay via Interact email money transfers if they prefer (I know I do).

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
Canada Post

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Items are described in excruciating detail to avoid buyer displeasure. If for some reason (other than buyer's remorse) you find the item does not meet my description you can return it for full money back (less your return shipping) but you need to contact me about it within 7 days.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by sinjin; 05-20-2015 at 06:46 PM.
05-20-2015, 06:07 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Original Poster
Price drop!
05-20-2015, 08:19 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
PM sent