Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2015, 04:34 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 40 (100%)
2 for 1 Deal!!! DA 40 (needs DYI) + F50 1.7 (Works but as-is)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax DA40 Limited (Green) + F50 1.7

Asking Price
150.00 USD

Item Location
Phoenix (United States)

Item Description
For sale, the victim of a bag roll over, one DA 40 Limited (green band).

Apparently 1 or more aperture blades are loose. I won't deal with the new Pentax service center, and since CRIS which is 15 minutes from me has been stripped of all Pentax repair apparati, I'm can't/not going to bother fixing it. DYI-ers, have at it.

The optics are unaffected/glass unmarked. I really don't even see scuff marks on the body from the incident.

Lens being sold as-is, shipping/fees/handling etc. included.

Also included is an F50 f1.7. Lens works great with my K-01/K30/K5iis, but will not calibrate with either of my K3 so it sits on the "shelf of reject lenses." Because of this "issue", selling this lens "as-is" as well. Minor cosmetic issues if you look hard enough, glass is fine, mechanics are fine. Was listed for here several months at various prices but no takers at a price that would warrant making a trip to USPS so I've decided to package this lens with the DA 40.

Price of $150 is for both lenses, shipped and insured. Chances are both lenses go in the trash in the next couple months if they don't sell.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Damaged

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
included

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
As-is. No returns. US only, please. Shipping to all other countries would be more than value of lens.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by nomadkng; 06-24-2015 at 07:06 PM.
06-17-2015, 06:48 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Does this come with any accessories (hood, lens cap, rear mount cover, box, manual, etc)

Could you share a picture showing the mount and aperture lever?
06-19-2015, 08:08 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
it comes as specified, lens only.

there is no visible damage to mount or lever, and lever still maintains its spring like action so it may be electrical, it may be mechanical, but I'm not a DYI lens repair person so I offer no speculation as to the issue. the mount is undamaged (aside from normal usage wear marks) from what I can tell.

thank you for your interest, however this lens is avail on the marketplace and priced as a no haggle, no hassle disposable item. it is not my intention to market this item to anyone concerned about value adds or minor cosmetic blemishes.
06-24-2015, 03:22 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
bump for 2 for 1 deal....

06-24-2015, 03:43 PM   #5
mee
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
do you mean the F 50 front/back focuses too much for the AF micro adjusts to accommodate?
06-24-2015, 07:08 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
do you mean the F 50 front/back focuses too much for the AF micro adjusts to accommodate?
i'm not sure why the images are not optimal, but that would be a possible reason. all attempts to calibrate failed to improve the image on my k3.