Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2015, 01:19 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 104 (98%)
Superb (version 2) S-M-C SMC Takumar 135mm f2.5 43812 with orig. caps and case!

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Superb (version 2) S-M-C Takumar 135mm f2.5 43812 with orig. caps and case!

Asking Price
295.00 USD

Item Location
Alda, NE (United States)

Item Description
Yep, you've found one! There are a few lenses of which most Pentaxians are ignorant, and this is one of them. Almost any lens can perform well stopped-down, the the thing that separates the "men from the boys" is how well it performs WIDE OPEN (at f/2.5) like this.

This is the highly sought after (and scarce) screwmount version of the Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 135mm f2.5 (version 2) distinguished by the part number on the A/M switch for positive identification: 43812. This is the 6 Elements (in 6 groups) version 2 which is highly regarded as the best combination of sharp & fast that Pentax ever produced. This is the same optical formula used in the SMC K version (not to be confused with the "Takumar/Bayonet 135mm f2.5" which is an altogether different beast and worth a small FRACTION of this lens).

Example images taken with this same lens: http://forum.mflenses.com/super-multi-coated-takumar-12-5-135mm-m42-v2-43812-t47140.html and
Image admitted to the Pentax Photo Gallery taken with this same lens:
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/photos/gallery/query?camera=&lens=3080
See also the K-mount version of this lens (which shares the same optical formula):
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/photos/gallery/query?camera=&lens=2250

Check out my high res images to see what great shape this lens is in. As a screwmount m42 lens, this lens is highly sought after by not only Pentax shooters, but all manner of NEX and mirrorless camera owners (with an m42 adapter, of course). Optically, mechanically, and cosmetically in EXCELLENT condition. I am selling only because I shoot a Pentax DSLR and have now acquired the K mount version of this superb lens.

This is not only a beautiful example of the lens itself, but also comes with the original Takumar hard case (needs some shoe polish to be restored to perfection), and the original metal front lens cap and Takumar rear lens cap. I do not expect this lens to last long at $295 + actual shipping. I also have it listed on eBay and would consider a slight discount to PF members.

I will be happy to ship worldwide to PF members with pristine Marketplace feedback ratings (like mine). Please ask for an invoice so I can calculate actual shipping to your address. (Tracking will be required). Continental U.S. buyers will receive USPS Priority Mail shipping and a tracking number. I ship DAILY from Nebraska for quick delivery (1-3 days, depending upon your distance from Nebraska).

GOOD LUCK!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
actual

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
7 day return policy. Selling price (but not shipping) refunded if not 100% happy. Buyer pays return shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by cheekygeek; 07-08-2015 at 01:27 PM.
07-17-2015, 06:59 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump!

Note: Will also be listing today, two respected Takumars: The SMC Takumar 24mm f2.5 and the early 8-element Super Takumar 50mm f1.4 (non-yellowing version called the Planar Killer).
07-21-2015, 10:54 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump!