Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2015, 02:07 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
k-30 wanted

Loking for a k-30 again the one I was interested in sold.

07-16-2015, 02:22 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 17 (100%)
I have a red K30 body (no lens), which I would sell very cheaply, the reason being it may need to be looked at. A person bought it from me a while ago, and emailed me saying he could not get it to work correctly with manual lenses, which, apparently, he likes to use. He returned it to me, but I could not make it misbehave (I don't use Pentax manual lenses). It seemed OK to me, but I have found out that it may give some trouble getting images between its card and the computer's picture program. Ideally, it should be checked out by a good technician, but I have neither the time nor the inclination to do so right now....it's a winter project. I have the battery, charger, etc. for it. Again, no lens. I would offer it to you, AS-IS, for $100, and I would pay postage, provided you are not located outside the continental US. Cosmetically, the body is in great shape, not banged around or anything like that. Please let me know if this interests you. Thanks very much for taking the time to read this.
07-17-2015, 05:49 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WILLIAM HUBBARD Quote
I have a red K30 body (no lens), which I would sell very cheaply, the reason being it may need to be looked at. A person bought it from me a while ago, and emailed me saying he could not get it to work correctly with manual lenses, which, apparently, he likes to use. He returned it to me, but I could not make it misbehave (I don't use Pentax manual lenses). It seemed OK to me, but I have found out that it may give some trouble getting images between its card and the computer's picture program. Ideally, it should be checked out by a good technician, but I have neither the time nor the inclination to do so right now....it's a winter project. I have the battery, charger, etc. for it. Again, no lens. I would offer it to you, AS-IS, for $100, and I would pay postage, provided you are not located outside the continental US. Cosmetically, the body is in great shape, not banged around or anything like that. Please let me know if this interests you. Thanks very much for taking the time to read this.
Do you know of a place that I could send it in to to have it looked at? I don't know if I am really interested in one that needs repair... I guess I can try to find a place to send it into to get it looked at.
07-18-2015, 03:13 AM   #4
Site Supporter

You could send it in to Pentax, but that might be a bit costly. I have never dealt with them. An independent repair shop might be best. I know of only one good one, and that is in RI. Some camera shops will take the camera and send it out for you. Stores such as Best Buy and their cousins normally do not repair cameras. You could also post on the Pentax Forum as to others' recommendations for a good repair facility. Thanks for your response.

07-18-2015, 06:56 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Well I am in PA so RI is a little far. I made a thread in the DSLR specific forums so I will see what happens.
07-18-2015, 08:42 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 36 (100%)
Just maybe a little help here and there may be nothing wrong with the camera. Shooting manual focus lenses, you have a setting in the camera that should be done before trying to shoot with those lenses. It's called "Allow the use of Aperture Ring" and if not set to allow, option number 2, in the C menu, 4th entry, number 23. After you set that up you can either meter using the Green button or just changing which aperture on the lens itself, this is how I use manual focus lenses.

As for not being able to get photos on the computer, a card reader and a software (FastStone) will read DNG files, or one could simply shoot RAW+.

From William's description, I don't think there is any thing wrong with the camera.
07-18-2015, 10:06 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
But the possibility still exists and I don't want to be stuck with a defective camera. So I don't know what to do now...
07-18-2015, 12:13 PM   #8
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 12345 Quote
But the possibility still exists and I don't want to be stuck with a defective camera.
William said it was working before he sold it. He also said he couldn't replicate the problem the buyer had. I have a K-30 and if I was wanting to buy another one, I'd take my chance on this one. I'm sure if you bought it, fixed the things I mentioned, and it still didn't work, William would probably take it back. I can't speak for William so you'll have to wait for him to come in here and tell you whether he would be willing to do this or not.

07-18-2015, 12:27 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I guess we will have to see what he says then, if he will take it back if that doesn't fix it I think he just sold his k-30!
07-19-2015, 04:27 AM   #10
Site Supporter

I guess we will have to see what he says then, if he will take it back if that doesn't fix it I think he just sold his k-30!
I seem to have generated a lot of messaging. Normally, when I sell a camera on any forum, I offer a 7-day return, with the buyer being responsible for the postage back to me. In this case I am offering the camera "AS-IS" at a reduced price, due to its possible defects. However, I will take it back if, within 7 days, you find that it is defective. You would have to pay the postage back to me. After 7 days from date of delivery, I'd have to say it's yours. That's the best I can do. Thanks very much for all your attention.
07-19-2015, 08:33 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 25 (100%)
I have a lightly used K-30 (black) that I'd sell for 210.00. It's mint flawless condition with low shutter count. Certainly less than 400. Used only indoors on a tripod for macros. I bought it new direct from Pentax.

Larry
07-20-2015, 04:55 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by larryinlc Quote
I have a lightly used K-30 (black) that I'd sell for 210.00. It's mint flawless condition with low shutter count. Certainly less than 400. Used only indoors on a tripod for macros. I bought it new direct from Pentax.

Larry
is that incuding shipping?
07-20-2015, 06:12 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WILLIAM HUBBARD Quote
I seem to have generated a lot of messaging. Normally, when I sell a camera on any forum, I offer a 7-day return, with the buyer being responsible for the postage back to me. In this case I am offering the camera "AS-IS" at a reduced price, due to its possible defects. However, I will take it back if, within 7 days, you find that it is defective. You would have to pay the postage back to me. After 7 days from date of delivery, I'd have to say it's yours. That's the best I can do. Thanks very much for all your attention.
Do you have any idea how many actuations the k-30 has on it?
07-20-2015, 06:49 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 25 (100%)
is that incuding shipping?
Yes. Insured too.
07-20-2015, 09:24 AM   #15
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by larryinlc Quote
low shutter count. Certainly less than 400.
12345, he said before, see the quote.