PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Carl Zeiss JENA DDR Tessar 50/2.8 (M42)

Asking Price
45.00 USD

Item Location
Texas (United States)

Item Description
For sale is an excellent Carl Zeiss JENA DDR Tessar 50/2.8 lens. What can one say -- It's a Carl Zeiss lens and there are no bad Carl Zeiss lenses! While the lens is a M42 screw mount, it is a later version of the CZJ 50/2.8 with the Auto/Manual aperture switch like vintage Takumar units. It is known for its sharpness and wonderful bokeh. Another wonderful attribute is its ability close focus on a subject allowing for macro-like images. This lens is in excellent condition with no haze, separation or scratches on optics. If there is dust it is not readily apparent to me. The A/M switch works as it should and the aperture ring clicks and moves decisively throughout the range. The diaphragm opens and closes as it should and there are no signs of oil on the blades that I can see. The body is also in excellent shape with no really visible signs of wear. Alas, I cannot find the original caps, but will provide a generic rear cap and pinch-type front cap -- both in excellent condition. I may actually have the original front cap and If I find it will include it, as well. I'll also throw in a leatherette zipper lens case. If you don't have a Carl Zeiss lens -- this is a great start to experiencing a legendary name in lens design and manufacturing. So why am I selling it? Well, I already own PRESET versions of the CZJ Tessar 50/2.8 and 50/3.5 lenses and I prefer the older 2 ring preset lenses.

Note: The lens is an M42 / Screw Mount lens. If you have a Pentax DSLR you will need a M42-to-PK adapter to use this lens. There are tons of inexpensive adapters out there for mirror-less and other DSLR cameras, so even if you don't own a Pentax you are still in luck.

Some quick test shots with this lens: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rpena2860/sets/72157649408379364

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
Free to CONUS

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Return within 7 days of receipt if not as described. Buyer pays shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by ripper2860; 07-25-2015 at 07:45 AM.
07-25-2015, 07:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 28 (100%)
Original Poster
Price Reduced.
07-27-2015, 07:55 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 28 (100%)
Original Poster
Sold!