PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K-r with split screens installed and calibrated

Asking Price
130.00 USD

Item Location
austin, TX (United States)

Item Description
Pentax K-r with split screens installed and calibrated.

I love MF lenses, love the feeling of seeing focus is achieved and confirmed in viewfinder when I turn the focus ring. I installed split focus screens on all DSLR.

I have K20D + grip, K7 + grip and K-x for sell. I only need to keep one of them since Sony A7 is great for MF also.

Pentax K-r, with split focusing screen

• The camera is in great condition. Shutter counts < 5000.
• Body is clean everywhere. No scratch or marks as I can see.
• Sensor is clean and I don't see dead pixel;
• A 45 degree dual split focusing screen installed and adjusted with a shim, so the focusing is accurate with the screen. Original L90 screen will be included.
• 1.08x - 1.58x zoom viewfinder eyepiece magnifier -- $19 item from ebay. magnify ratio can be adjusted between 1.08x to 1.58x.
• AA battery adapter is included.

How you see through the viewfinder and get focus confirmation:

The camera was modified to allow for “stop-down metering” when M and K lenses are mounted. The aperture will close when you turn the aperture ring, so all M and K lenses can be used at Av setting, just like M42 lenses. Metering is accurate and you don’t need to modify lens or use green button to meter.

[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]But, this modification disabled the automatic aperture control on camera. So DA lenses without aperture ring will not be able to keep the aperture open, thus should be avoided.

AF still works great, so you can still mount a FA or F lens, or other 3rd party lenses with aperture ring on it, for automatic focus and metering. You just need to control the aperture on lens, not on camera. All old manual film camera users should be home here.
[/COLOR]

More photos:

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$8.5 in US. PM for international shipping

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
I accept return only if the camera is not as described. please contact me within 3 days.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by grahame; 09-25-2015 at 12:59 PM.
09-07-2015, 01:36 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 148 (99%)
Original Poster
This light weight camera is perfect for small MF M and A lenses.
Any offers?
09-24-2015, 07:33 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Hi,

Is this still available? How is it with large apertures, like f1.8/1.4? Really neat idea.
09-24-2015, 07:41 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I used it with K50/1.2, and it works great. actually it works better with faster lens. f5.6 or slower lens might ends up dark viewfinder and only half of the split screen is bright.
meter is accurate if not set as center spot metering. i know the split screen will affect center spot metering, but i haven't tried how bad it is.
I adjusted it with 50/1.2 to ensure the focus is accurate.

Yes, it is still available. I put it on eBay and got some interesting questions, so I am afraid some buyers don't know what does the conversion mean. To avoid any problem, i just pulled it off from eBay.

09-24-2015, 07:56 PM   #5

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Yeah, Ebayers can be a fickle bunch. I'll be seriously mulling this over at work tomorrow. I don't really need another camera, but I don't normally let something as trivial as "need" stand in the way of my decision making process.
09-24-2015, 08:04 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Haha, I agree. Many of us here only understand "want", not "need" : -)

I have K5IIs, K-01, recently bought K-S2, still have K7 with split screen, K20D and K-r with split screen. K3 is probably the only camera I skip (I almost bought one recently, the $650 bundle deal). I have Sony nex-7, a3000 and earlier this year I bought A7, and soon after when A7II came. Thank goodness, I still haven't bought it, yet.
I have GR, I have Q7. and I have some underwater cameras. So I was really happy to see the GRII didn't get much upgrade...

---------- Post added 09-25-15 at 02:59 PM ----------

sell pending. Thanks