Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 16 (100%)
[SOLD] Sigma 15mm f2.8 EX FishEye

Well, in keeping my lens selection at manageable (even fully carryable) levels, something must go.

This 15mm prime suprised me with its ability to create sharp, well contrasted images with available light. It is unheralded as a good close-focus performer, with a focusing ratio of 1:3.8 at roughly a few inches from the front element. I hesistate to see it go, but I haven't used it in too long now and it has been sitting on the shelf.

It is in excellent condition, no major marks, wear or scratches aside from signs of light use. It functions perfectly.

The sale price of $425 CDN will include the original caps, box, carry pouch & SHIPPING. Paypal, EMT, google checkout, or cash and carry, international ok.

Examples of my use of this lens can be found here:

Flickr: Search Kelly Sereda's photostream

Thanks!

Kelly.

Last edited by thePiRaTE!!; 06-23-2008 at 05:19 PM.
06-19-2008, 04:25 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Interested in $425 CDN shipped? Shipped to Norway that is, in that case i will take it.

PS: How does this lens compare to the pentax 10-17 ? I know the 10-17 would probably be more "usable" due to its zoom. Is it alot sharper, and since i already have the 16-50 does it feel "wide enough" ? Maybe i should go for a 10-17 instead?

Last edited by libbe; 06-19-2008 at 04:33 PM.
06-19-2008, 05:03 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by libbe Quote
Interested in $425 CDN shipped? Shipped to Norway that is, in that case i will take it.

PS: How does this lens compare to the pentax 10-17 ? I know the 10-17 would probably be more "usable" due to its zoom. Is it alot sharper, and since i already have the 16-50 does it feel "wide enough" ? Maybe i should go for a 10-17 instead?
I haven't used the 10-17 myself, I'm a bit zoom phobic and have only primes. For me, 15 is plenty wide. Too darned wide in fact, I just so rarely find a reason to carry this lens. It seems pretty close to your 16-50, but this lens is a different kettle of fish, if you get my drift.

PM'd re:shipping.

K.
06-19-2008, 05:36 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Hmm since you say it seems pretty close to my 16-50 i think i should go for something wider, i will probably pick up a 10-17 and a fa31 when my paycheck arrives. If it would be easy to sell this thing if i didn't like it, i would definitely get it. But since i live in Norway, where there is close to no Pentax users i think it will be VERY hard to sell. Please do note that there is only 5 million people that reside in Norway at the time, and that is spread at a 15 hour drive area.

So i think i will have to pass on this lens, i am truly sorry to have wasted your time checking shipping etc.

06-19-2008, 05:42 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by libbe Quote
Hmm since you say it seems pretty close to my 16-50 i think i should go for something wider, i will probably pick up a 10-17 and a fa31 when my paycheck arrives. If it would be easy to sell this thing if i didn't like it, i would definitely get it. But since i live in Norway, where there is close to no Pentax users i think it will be VERY hard to sell. Please do note that there is only 5 million people that reside in Norway at the time, and that is spread at a 15 hour drive area.

So i think i will have to pass on this lens, i am truly sorry to have wasted your time checking shipping etc.

No problem, thanks for looking.
06-23-2008, 05:26 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Price will now include shipping, thank-you.

Also, I purchased a lensbaby 3.0 + 0.6x wide angle/macro adapter last week. Its as new, all boxes, receipt from shop for warranty, etc. I just don't love it. If you've thought of one of these units and care to save a few bucks and the cost of taxes, I'll part with it. Paid $360ish all in, would sell @ $325.
06-29-2008, 06:25 PM   #7

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Is this lens still available?

I was going to buy a 21mm ltd when i saw this thread and now I am confused.
I am trying to get a good 4 or 5 lenses lineup for a trip next year and I don't know what the right choice would be... (I guess that getting both would not be completely stupid but I am not sure that the money is going to be there...)
The EXIF data is not posted on flickr. Do you have some shots wide open?

Also, have you tried to correct the fisheye effect in photoshop? Do you feel like this lens corrected could be usable a decent wide angle?
06-30-2008, 08:10 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Still available, thanks for asking.

EXIF is in the 'more properties' tab under camera used in Flickr. I would guess most shots I took with it were wide open, hand held - its my default approach.

Never tried to de-fish, nope. Not much interest in it. Usually if I used the 15, I wanted the effect, heh. Useable? Well, its a good sharp 15mm. If you have a de-fisher I can't see why not, but it just seems like work to me

Best Regards.

06-30-2008, 02:50 PM   #9

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Do you have a close up picture of the front element?

Thank you!