Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-06-2015, 04:43 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 27 (100%)
Pentax Asahi Rotating Angle Finder 2x Magnifier. For LX etc. Rare! Mint!

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax Asahi Rotating Angle Finder 2x Magnifier. For LX etc. Rare! Mint!

Asking Price
100.00 EUR

Item Location
Warsaw (Poland)

Item Description
Pentax Asahi Rotating Angle Finder, 1x-2x Magnifier. For LX etc. Rare! Mint!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
Postal Service

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Buyer pays Paypal fees. Item can be returned within 3 days if it is not as described. Buyer pays shipping costs.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
M9 Digital Camera  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
M9 Digital Camera  Photo 

Last edited by konradsiekierski; 09-15-2015 at 02:11 PM.
09-15-2015, 02:12 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Price reduced to 80 euros!
10-19-2015, 02:11 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Monday bump!
10-19-2015, 06:22 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
I'm just curious -- is this the Refconverter-M or the Refconverter-A ? (A potential buyer might want to know.) I can't tell from your two images -- you need to see the mounting face to tell. (This difference wouldn't matter for use on an LX or an ME Super, for example, but would matter to someone using a Super Program or Super A, etc.)

See http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/misc/focus/refconverter-AM.jpg

10-19-2015, 01:26 PM   #5

Feedback Score: 20 (100%)
Hi Fred:
Would it fit and work on a modern Pentax K3 camera? I would think that it would but I don't know for certain.
Bill
10-19-2015, 02:38 PM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by XLXW Quote
Hi Fred:
Would it fit and work on a modern Pentax K3 camera? I would think that it would but I don't know for certain.
Bill
Well, I have the Refconverter-A (introduced after the Refconverter-M, to show the digital readout at the viewfinder bottom on the Super Program (etc.) bodies), and it works great on my K-3 (after sliding the built-in eyepiece rubber whatchamacallit off, of course), including showing the digital readout at the bottom of the viewfinder. So, at least for the Ref-A, the answer is "yes". (Perhaps someone with the Ref-M could also try this and see if the digital readout shows.) (I still don't know if the one for sale here is a Ref-M or a Ref-A.)
10-19-2015, 11:55 PM   #7
pid
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
I have the REF-M. At 1x magnification you can read the digital readout completely. At the 2x magnification you only can read the middle of the readout, but this doesn't matter, because you can easy switch between the two magnifications, if you want to see the whole line. I think it is no big issue. It works like a charm on my K-5

http://c2b6d376b97bcc466063-5420c200a1f030d1394a9548df6eadbd.r5.cf2.rackcdn....620_manual.pdf

Last edited by pid; 10-20-2015 at 12:15 AM.
10-20-2015, 05:54 AM   #8
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pid Quote
I have the REF-M. At 1x magnification you can read the digital readout completely. At the 2x magnification you only can read the middle of the readout, but this doesn't matter, because you can easy switch between the two magnifications, if you want to see the whole line. I think it is no big issue. It works like a charm on my K-5
Thank you, Pid, for answering the question on how well the Ref-M works with current DSLRs, and that's good news.

AFAIK, Pentax produced 4 "Refconverters" (as Pentax called its right-angle finder accessories), and I do believe the following:

1. The original "Refconverter" fits all Pentax bodies, including most screwmount bodies, up through the K series (KX, K2, K1000, KM), but it provided a left-right reversed mirror image.

2. The "Refconverter-II" fits the same bodies as above, but it provided proper left-right imaging.

3. The "Refconverter-M" fits all Pentax bodies starting with the M series (ME, MX, ME Super, etc.) (with proper left-right imaging), and provides a 1X/2X switch and the option of having 1X or 2X magnification. (The M bodies introduced a slightly different sized flange around the viewfinder window, requiring the new Refconverter coupling.)

4. The "Refconverter-A", which came out with the arrival of the first A bodies (the Super Program in North America and the Super A elsewhere), is exactly like the "Refconverter-M" except that it had a taller aperture, making it easier to see the LCD digital readout display at the bottom of the Super Program/A viewfinder windows. (My hunch is that the Ref-M and Ref-A might be optically identical, and the only difference might be the taller "cut-out" on the coupling face in the Ref-A.)

Oh, and the Ref-M and Ref-A are also a bit trimmer in size and shape than the original Refconverters.

There are a bunch of reviews at https://www.pentaxforums.com/accessoryreviews/pentax-refconverter-a.html
10-20-2015, 01:08 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you both for your very elaborated and helpful comments - I've learnt a lot What I have is Ref M.