Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2015, 05:00 PM   #1
Closed Account

Feedback Score: 33 (100%)
Tamron 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) Macro -- excellent condition!!

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tamron 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) Macro -- excellent condition!!

Asking Price
600.00 USD

Item Location
Sumner, WA (United States)

Item Description
Up for sale is my Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8. An impulse buy on my part, as I find myself shooting with it in ways that aren't taking advantage of what it's intended for -- portraits and fast sports. I had borrowed my buddy's copy, and quickly fell in love with it, as it has awesome image quality even wide-open. I envisioned myself using it for pan shots of cars, tripod portraits, stuff like that. Instead, I found myself using it to shoot flowers and regular nature stuff. It's great at that -- don't get me wrong, as the image quality is fantastic, but I have a pair of macro lenses for that, and frankly, they are smaller, and easier to handle. I find myself coming up with reasons to use it, and that's never good. Want to sell it to cover the cost of a recent backup camera purchase. It's an FF lens, great copy in excellent shape -- so it needs to be used by somebody that can appreciate it.

Body and both caps are in great physical shape, no nicks or chips, anything like that. Hood is nice and snug, and in great physical shape. The glass is in fantastic shape. No scratches, fungus, haze, any of that stuff. Aperture assembly works as it should -- everything about it is great. Barely a mark on the tripod collar base, as well. It's had a Marumi UV filter on it since I purchased it. I'm including that filter, as well as a 77mm Hoya HMC yellow filter (used it for some B&W shots).

Includes:

• The lens
• Original rear cap
• Original front cap
• Original box
• 77mm Marumi UV filter (with case) (worth $60 purchased new)
• 77mm Hoya HMC yellow filter (with case) (worth $40 purchased new)
• Original lens bag
• Original lens hood
• Original tripod collar

Asking $600 shipped in CONUS (will use USPS or UPS), and will ship to Canada (we can PM about cost once I get your location). No other international shipping, sorry. Payment via PayPal.

Thanks for taking the time to look -- and PM me with any questions.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
Included in cost for CONUS

Shipping Services
USPS or UPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
RETURNS: Only if item is not as described and initiated within 48 hours of receipt. Buyer to pay return shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S1  Photo 

Last edited by esrandall; 09-16-2015 at 08:44 PM.
09-14-2015, 05:57 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 43 (100%)
Damn....and here i am trying so hard to control myself....this one is one my watch list, but can't swing it now....good luck, though.
BTW, is it still under Tamron warranty?
09-14-2015, 06:05 PM   #3
Closed Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mwilky55 Quote
Damn....and here i am trying so hard to control myself....this one is one my watch list, but can't swing it now....good luck, though.
BTW, is it still under Tamron warranty?
I know, right. I love the images that it makes, but I just never use it. I also just bought a KS-1 + HD DA 21mm, so am selling it to offset the expense. The previous owner (one of our forum members) left me a copy of the receipt. The date is 1/21/2013, purchased new from B&H. Not sure if the Tamron 6 year warranty applies unless it was purchased in Canada. I can include the receipt, though, in case it's needed for proof of purchase.
09-16-2015, 08:43 PM   #4
Closed Account

Original Poster
Bump with a price reduction

09-18-2015, 10:11 PM   #5
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Is the price reduction to $600? Does that include insurance?
09-18-2015, 10:18 PM   #6
Closed Account

Original Poster
It's reduced down to $600 (includes shipping within the US) . You can purchase insurance if you would like, but know that it will be packed securely, and with great care. It's a nice lens, and it deserves as much ☺
09-19-2015, 04:17 PM   #7

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Pm sent

09-19-2015, 04:50 PM   #8
Closed Account

Original Poster
Pending sale.

---------- Post added 09-19-15 at 08:07 PM ----------

Sold to ncallender