Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2008, 01:22 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 37 (100%)
[SOLD] Tripods and Monopods for sale - cleaning house

I am cleaning out excess stock, since I already have two Giottos MT9360 tripods, plus a Giottos monopod. Just remember that shipping + handling (within the US) is included on all units, so I believe the prices are fair.

Amvona Tripods:
AT-CF994 Carbon Fiber - twist lock legs + ball head - barely used - $130 shipped (US only). 61" w/o center column extended. 71.5" w/ center column extended. SOLD...
AT-858 Aluminum - flip lock legs + pistol grip head - $55 shipped (US only). SOLD....

Some of my best images where taken using the AT-858 - it's a workhorse.

Amvona Monopods:
ATM-CF902 - twist lock legs, carbon fiber, and comes with a ball head - barely used - $70 shipped (US only). Max. height is 77"
AT-1016 - aluminum flip lock legs, pistol grip head - $45 shipped (US only). SOLD....

Carry bag included for every on. All in very good shape, with lots of life left in them. Will consider reasonable offers on the carbon fiber units... repeat: reasonable offers...

Payment by PayPal is preferred.

Regards,
Marc

Last edited by Marc Langille; 06-23-2008 at 07:58 AM. Reason: added some specs...
06-21-2008, 04:20 PM   #2
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
pm sent on the AT-858 Aluminum
06-21-2008, 04:29 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
PM replied...
06-21-2008, 06:57 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 159 (99%)
PM sent on AT-1016

06-21-2008, 11:28 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 44 (98%)
Perhaps a bit off topic but why are the carbon fiber legs always twist lock and not the flip lock? Does it have to do with the stress concentration on the legs? I love the light weight of the Carbon fiber tripods but setting up can be such a pain sometimes.
06-22-2008, 05:19 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 17 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilm_user Quote
I am cleaning out excess stock, since I already have two Giottos MT9360 tripods, plus a Giottos monopod. Just remember that shipping + handling (within the US) is included on all units, so I believe the prices are fair.

Amvona Tripods:
AT-CF994 Carbon Fiber - twist lock legs + ball head - barely used - $130 shipped (US only).
AT-858 Aluminum - flip lock legs + pistol grip head - $55 shipped (US only).

Some of my best images where taken using the AT-858 - it's a workhorse.

Amvona Monopods:
ATM-CF902 - twist lock legs, carbon fiber, and comes with a ball head - barely used - $70 shipped (US only).
AT-1016 - aluminum flip lock legs, pistol grip head - $45 shipped (US only).

Carry bag included for every on. All in very good shape, with lots of life left in them. Will consider reasonable offers on the carbon fiber units... repeat: reasonable offers...

Payment by PayPal is preferred.

Regards,
Marc
pm sent on the cf902
06-22-2008, 05:47 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 67 (100%)
Never heard of this brand. I googled and couldn't find any reviews on equipment only that Amvona is an ebay store. How do they compare to bogen on durability?
I may be interested in the carbon fiber monopod.

Thanks,
Oren

06-22-2008, 06:35 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 28 (100%)
Can you throw some pictures up for these?
06-22-2008, 07:45 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
pm sent. I love my other amvona tripod
06-22-2008, 08:46 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SamC Quote
Perhaps a bit off topic but why are the carbon fiber legs always twist lock and not the flip lock? Does it have to do with the stress concentration on the legs? I love the light weight of the Carbon fiber tripods but setting up can be such a pain sometimes.
Not sure about the stress issue, since CF strength depends mainly on the weave and direction of the strands.

I used to like flip locks a lot, but after working out in the field/middle of nowhere the twist locks are now my preference. It seemed the flip locks (in my experience) are more prone to catching things, even my gear. The advantage of the twist type is that they don't get caught on things when you pull the tripod out of a bag or carry it through the bush.

The flip lock levers are generally much quicker to set up, but if they come loose there is no way to tighten them in the field if you don't have the proper wrench....

Regards,
Marc
06-22-2008, 08:58 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
The dreaded "US only"...
06-22-2008, 09:01 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OrenMc Quote
Never heard of this brand. I googled and couldn't find any reviews on equipment only that Amvona is an ebay store. How do they compare to bogen on durability?
I may be interested in the carbon fiber monopod.

Thanks,
Oren
They are very good starter units. The legs are quite good, and should be able to last a lifetime of non-professional use. The heads are reasonable. As with any progression in using tripods/monopods, the normal sequence is to upgrade the head sometime down the road when you go to heavier, longer lenses. I've since moved to Arca-Swiss and Slik heads.

Reason for the monopod sales: I bought a Giottos monopod that supports up to 33 lbs (overkill), but the most important was to get a unit that is really short (when not in use) for traveling. It's only 20" long when collapsed, but extends to almost 70" in height... and I'm 6'2.5".

This is the most important reason: my FA* 300/2.8 is very front heavy, so direct anchoring to the screw on the top of the monopod is the best option. I got tired of accidentally dumping my lens when I bumped the pistol grip lever....

Please let me know if I didn't answer your question?

Regards,
Marc
06-22-2008, 09:06 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
The dreaded "US only"...
FYI - filling out the customs paperwork for just 3-4 items (weighing 4+ pounds), from start to finish, can take 20-30 minutes. I suspect that's the reason why many folks won't bother shipping overseas.

You may not be aware that I've shipped several items out of the country, including a camera to Australia, and another item to New Zealand. Much further than Romania... Please do not generalize like that...

If you are interested, I'll consider it - let me know.

Regards,
Marc
06-22-2008, 09:15 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The aluminum tripod and monopod are sold.
06-22-2008, 09:45 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Monopod Images

As you can see, it's in excellent condition - I might have used it twice...