Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2015, 06:49 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Portland, Montreal, Menton, Dubai, Pondicherry, Singapore, Kaohsiung, Coupeville
Feedback Score: 14 (100%)
Lastolite Umbrella Kit with Bracket, Stand and Case (40

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Lastolite Umbrella Kit with Bracket, Stand and Case (40

Asking Price
100.00 CAD

Item Location
Laval (Canada)

Item Description
I bought this excellent lighting starter kit new from B&H this past May while learning to work with flash photography. I'm hooked on flash, but I'm about to get back on the road for nine months and this kit doesn't travel well. As such, I've got a new, more portable setup. Instead of putting this into storage, I'm offering it up to locals since shipping outside of the Montreal area is probably cost prohibitive.

The only thing I dislike about this kit is the umbrella mounting bolt head rubber piece is loose. I find you need to jiggle umbrella shaft to be tight or loosen securely.

This Umbrella Kit with Bracket, Stand and Case from Lastolite features a 40" All-in-One Umbrella, a Tilt Head Bracket, a Manfrotto 9' stand, and a carrying bag. The convertible umbrella features a removable cover and can be used as a translucent shoot through, white bounce, white bounce with silver backing, or as a silver bounce. It has an 8mm shaft and a fiberglass frame.

The Tilthead Bracket holds a shoe-mount flash and in the included shoe lock and features a built-in umbrella socket. It will also mount to any standard light stand. Additionally, this kit comes with a carrying bag for transporting and storing your equipment.

Reference B&H

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Local or worldwide.

Shipping Charge
Get a quote from Canada Post for 36" x 5" x 5" at 5 lbs from postal code H7W 4R4.

Shipping Services
Canada Post

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Return if DOA.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added Sep 29th, 2015 at 21:51 ----------

If not sold by Tuesday, October 13th, it'll be given away to a local photography group or put into storage for at least nine months while I'm working around the world.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5  Photo 

Last edited by comprock; 10-01-2015 at 03:37 AM. Reason: local pickup
09-30-2015, 06:26 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
If I did have it shipped, what would that cost do you think? Brantford, ON
09-30-2015, 09:09 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Portland, Montreal, Menton, Dubai, Pondicherry, Singapore, Kaohsiung, Coupeville
Original Poster
Good question, I'm not sure, but am finding out.

Package Weight 5.05 lb
Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 36.0 x 5.0 x 5.0"

Hmm… I'm really surprised. Even with getting a box for this, it'll be about $ 15 CAD. Far less than I thought it'd be.

Last edited by comprock; 09-30-2015 at 03:39 PM.
10-03-2015, 05:42 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Any takers? It's a great starter lighting modifier kit.

10-03-2015, 06:31 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
Can you describe the problem with the rubber piece in more detail?
10-03-2015, 04:49 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
The rubber piece on the umbrella tightening nut is loose. You can still hold the umbrella firmly, but you have to squeeze harder the rubber piece to get the nut to turn either way reliably.

That make sense?
10-06-2015, 10:10 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'm back on the road soon. Please don't have me put this into storage for 9 months.
10-09-2015, 04:53 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Friday AM bump

---------- Post added Oct 9th, 2015 at 13:03 ----------

Seems some folks are concerned about the rubber head on the umbrella bolt. The bolt works fine to hold the umbrella in. The rubber loosening up will happen in time with a new umbrella kit.

I recommend either removing the rubber head entirely, replacing the bolt with a wing-head bolt, or just remember to secure firmly to hold the umbrella.

Despite my nearly weekly use, the umbrella has never slipped once installed.

10-10-2015, 05:25 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
The Lastolite Umbrella Bracket bolt is NOT broken. It's just that the rubber cap on top of the hex bolt slips too easily.

My suggestion is to replace the bolt with one having a larger integrated head for easier, loosening or tightening. E.g. Something like the Manfrotto t-bolt of Manfrotto 026 Swivel Umbrella Adapter (Lite-Tite) 026 B&H Photo.

Any more questions?
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5  Photo   
10-10-2015, 06:02 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

It was really confusing without pictures this cleared a lot up. If I understand this correctly now, the rubber around the bolt is there to let you hand adjust the thing, and this slips too much, making it harder to do without using a hex key wrench or really serious iron man death grip on the rubber. One remedy you suggest is to replace the bolt with a t- bar bolt for easy hand use.

I finally get it.
10-10-2015, 05:12 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Sorry everyone for the confusion. I hadn't thought to be clearer with the images until this morning.

Sale pending.
10-12-2015, 04:53 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter

Did it sell?
10-12-2015, 06:38 PM - 1 Like   #13
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
It's sold @UncleVanya.