Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2008, 10:40 AM   #1

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
[SOLD] Tamron Adaptall SP 90 f/2.5 Macro with Adaptall-2 to PKA converter and Extenti

The Tamron SP 90 f/2.5 is a great macro lens. IMO, the sharpness, color and bokeh are all excellent. It receives good user review here and gets a high 4.2 rating on photodo.com. For reference the modern much more expensive SP 90 f/2.8 gets a 4.3 rating on photodo.com. The lens has a native 1:2 ratio and goes to 1:1 with the matching extension tube.

The Adaptall-2 to PKA adapter that comes with the lens seems to be highly desirable, at least that is what a search on ebay seems to suggest. Most of all recent completed listings ended up over $100.

Here is all that you will get in the whole package UPDATE(For some reason, I can't view the image under firefox but they show up fine in IE)

A closer look at the Adaptall-2 mount to PKA adapter. The electrical contacts supposedly can pass aperture information to the camera although the SP 90 f/2.5 doesn't seem to have electrical contacts and when used with this adapter can not pass information to the camera

The lens barrel shows some heavy use which is not surprising considering its age. It is a very sturdy lens and feels very substantial in the hands. Everything functions as it should. No haze, fungus, oily blades or sluggish shutter.

There are only two big cosmetic imperfections:
Here on the right side of the barrel you can see a ding which does not influence usage in any way

There is a small nick on the front element as circled in red here. Again it doesn't affect image quality in any discernible way. There is another very faint scratch about 1/3 inch long that can not be photographed.

I am asking $110 via Paypal for the whole package. Shipping to CONUS is $6 and shipping to outside of US will cost more. I have good feedback history on this forum. Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks for looking

Last edited by cousinsane; 06-22-2008 at 01:17 PM.
06-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
I would very happily take this Package...I am sending a PM right now...
thanks

Last edited by mayoapo; 06-22-2008 at 01:52 PM.