Item for Sale
PENTAX K5 - Nearly New Condition, Nearly Mark Free, Shutter Count Only 13.5k

Asking Price
285.00 USD

Item Location
Oklahoma City (United States)

Item Description
ABOUT ME/WHO YOU ARE BUYING FROM:
I have been a forum member for almost 3 years. I have also been an Ebay member for over 10 years with over 230 positive feedbacks scoring 100% positive. My eBay account name is nrs2112, so you can research me there. I explain all conditions of any of my gear in the listing with detail. I will not sell an item with a defect or any shortcomings without you knowing. All details of the item should be listed. If you have questions, please post them or Private Message me.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS THE 2nd OF 2 K5's I HAVE LISTED FOR SALE. THE FIRST SOLD ON NOVEMBER 1, 2015.

FOR SALE:

PENTAX K5 : OUTSTANDING CONDITION, ALMOST LIKE NEW !!!!!

This camera is in OUTSTANDING condition, but not quite mint, appearing as brand new at first glance. The only real noteable signs of wear is on the flash mount bracket. Shockingly, this camera is so pristine that there are NO MOUNT MARKS inside the mount. The camera was cleaned via regular checkup about 1 year ago at the new Pentax service facility in Vermont. It has sat in a drawer the past year minus my vacation in October 2015 at the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming. I have many cameras, this is the 2nd of 2 K5's I have owned and has received much less outdoor use, thus its near impeccable condition.

Note the top LCD and back LCD screens are in excellent condition, and at first glance, look like brand new. Unfortunately, the BACK LCD DOES HAVE MARKS ONLY NOTICEABLE when holding at an angle under intense light - THEY LOOK LIKE 5 OR 6 DUST PARTICLES, ONLY SMALLER on the left extreme edge of the LCD panel - very odd. I did not know they were there until the day of this listing when I photographed it. This is very upsetting, for I just cleaned this prior to my vacation in October 2015 and it was purely mint, so this must have just happened being carried around hiking while in the camera bag. The LCD marks, again, are smaller than dust particles, not even a millimeter in length, only noticeable shining a flashlight on it or holding it under intense light. At first glance, you will not see the marks for they are barely there and they do not show in these pictures. If it were not for this, this camera could be sold as MINT, USED with low shutter actuations.

The OVF and Mirror/Actuator are very clean; as clean as the LCD panels.

The camera functions 100% with no reservations in performance.

There are just 13,500 actuations on the shutter.

The camera will come to you with ALL original packing/packing/and items with exception to the battery. I will ship a brand new Flash Point (Adorama brand) battery since the Original Pentax battery has a lot of use.

***AN INTERESTING NOTE:
I own 2 Pentax K5iis cams. Initially, I had been using Pentax Digital Camera Utility (PDCU) to process RAW images to JPEG for my older K5 cameras. However, since comparing images from the K5 vs K5iis processed in Silkypix that I recently purchased, I found that the PDCU program had been softening my images when converting from RAW to JPEG. I thought it was the K5 that was causing images to be softer than I wanted, so I bought the K5iis for the filterless design that is supposed to make for sharper images. HOWEVER, when I processed RAW images in Silkypix instead of PDCU for both K5 and K5iis Cameras, I found that images taken from the K5 and K5iis were nearly indistinguishable viewed blown to 100% on a 22 inch IPS Dell editing monitor!!! Bottom line, when processing RAW images to JPEG from either K5 or K5iis cameras, at normal print sizes, there is no difference. The only advantage of the K5ii/K5iis over a K5 is that the K5ii/K5iis has a sharper LCD panel and better low light focusing. The K5iis JPEGs (unedited) are only slightly sharper WHEN viewed at blown up sizes and RAW processed images are identical comparing the K5iis to the K5.

**** I HAVE MANY OTHER CAMERA GEAR ITEMS FOR SALE HERE IN THE PENTAX FORUMS. PLEASE SEE LINKS BELOW:

PENTAX 50mm-M
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/24-photographic-equipment-sale/295298-sal...ml#post3251637

PENTAX 50mm-A
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/24-photographic-equipment-sale/295299-sal...nt-optics.html

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Pending Shipping Destination

Shipping Services
U.S. Postal Service Priority

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Item is being sold exactly as stated in descriptions. No Returns Necessary.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 

Last edited by JF Jayhawk; 11-01-2015 at 02:37 PM.
11-04-2015, 02:15 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 14 (100%)
Bump for a great camera from a great guy! You can't go wrong!

Last edited by Parallax; 11-05-2015 at 09:39 AM.
11-05-2015, 02:33 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
PM sent
11-10-2015, 09:44 AM   #4

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Still available?

11-10-2015, 11:53 AM   #5

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
Original Poster
Yes, it is still available. For all questions, please PM me. Thank you.

JF
11-11-2015, 02:29 AM   #6

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
PM sent.
12-02-2015, 10:18 AM   #7

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
PM sent