Feedback Score: 41 (100%)
Pentax AF 540 FGZ Flash - Free shipping NA

Selling

Pentax AF 540 FGZ - $175

Pentax DA 18-135 WR - $210 SOLD

Pentax Q + 03 Fisheye + Fotodiox Q-K adapter + extras - $89 SOLD

Pentax AF 540 FGZ

$175 USD

Purchased this used on the forums over a year ago. It saw dutiful use as an on-camera flash for event work (PTTL!), but also as an off-camera flash (IR triggers ftw!) for product and portrait shots. I have now progressed entirely on to the YN 560 TX + 560 flash system for my flashwork, so the AF 540 FGZ now sits alone and unused. It's time to let it go.

The flash is in great working condition. The battery door is JUST FINE (the battery doors are problematic on this model, but I appear to have gotten lucky and this one does not have any of those issues). The hotshoe foot is fine. The flash head lock does not lock (never has, even when I got it), which is another common problem with this model. However, using a sto-fen cap, it is not an issue. It only really becomes an issue when using heavier light modifiers, like the rubber fong domes (which I used for a while). To fix this I just put some tape along the hinge on the joint between the flash head and body when using heavier modifiers.

All told, this is what you will be getting:

- AF 540 FGZ flash unit
- Sto-fen cap
- Flash stand
- Soft transport pouch
- Original box with original papers

Pictures are here.

Pentax DA 18-135

$210 USD SOLD

Purchased this new (split from a body and lens package)early 2015 for one purpose: to use at Burning Man. And it was used there to great success. Once the event was over, I only used it about 2-3 more times before it went on my shelf. I have the DA 18-250, and because I favor reach over WR, I have decided to sell the 18-135.

Glass is clean, clear, and free of haze, scratches, or fungus. There are minimal dusts inside that will not affect picture quality. There are some scuffs on the lens hood that came about from normal usage, but nothing major (note the little trapezoid shape underneath the lens hood petal. That's because I put a little piece of gaffer tape under all my lens hoods, so when they are resting on the ground they don't get scratched up. Tape removed prior to sale). Focusing is fast and accurate, aperture blades are smooth and snappy.

Note that the exterior body of the lens and the inside of the lens hood displays some dust. That is because Burning Man is in a desert, and the dust was unavoidable. Upon my return to civilization I only gave it a light rinse, but I did not want to give it any hardcore scrubbing because that was likely to damage the lens body more than just letting the dust naturally go away with handling. The 18-135 went on my camera (a K30, so a completely weather sealed system) well before the event, and the two did not separate until well after the camera and lens had been lightly rinsed and dried back home, so I can assure you that the weather sealing held true and no desert or anything else got into the lens. The dust on the exterior appears to be going away naturally with usage, and I'm sure that over time it will just disappear completely.

In light of its exterior condition I will sell it at a slightly lower than normal price.

This is what you will be getting:

- Pentax DA 18-135 WR lens
- Lens hood for the DA 18-135
- Original Pentax front cap and bottom cap
- Original box and papers (I bought it new split from a kit package, so that's why the box is blank)

Pictures are here.

Pentax Q + 03 Fisheye + Fotodiox Q-K adapter + extras

$89 USD SOLD

This was a fun little combo, but I haven't used it in a long time, so I just want to clear out the extra gear and let this go to someone who might be curious about the Q lens system.

Note that the Pentax Q body is quite gnarly. That is why it is basically free (you are basically just paying for the lens). However, aside from the cosmetic damage to the Pentax Q body, it functions just fine.

The lens itself also appears gnarly, but that is just a combination of tape and sharpie marks. I travelled around Asia with the Q and the 03 Fisheye, so I gave it some "camo" so it wouldn't stand out as much. Also, I taped a 3d-printed zoom holder on to it, but took it off for this sale (read below to find out more about this custom part). It is in otherwise perfect working order.

Also included with this package is a Fotodiox Q->K adapter. This lets you use regular K mount lenses with your Q for some extreme reach (5.5X the focal length). The adapter has a tripod foot so you can better balance a K-mount lens with the Q body on a tripod, but it doesn't have aperture control so you have to use lenses with aperture rings to get the best results (using a lens without an aperture ring means it will be shooting wide open). My favorite lens to use with this adapter was the Tamron 90mm Macro, which became a beastly 500mm hand-held prime with the Q that handled just beautifully.

Also included is a custom 3d printed part that enhanced the usability of the 03 Fisheye. Read about it here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/136-pentax-q/246173-03-lens-focus-lock-he...ml#post2762886

This package includes:

- Pentax Q body (black) + body cap
- Pentax 03 Fisheye + top and bottom cap
- Battery (original) for Q
- Nintendo Wiimote-style wrist strap for the Q
- 3d printed lens lock
- Fotodiox Q-K adapter
- Original Pentax neck strap (unused)
- Original battery charger + power cable
- Computer cable

Pictures are here.

My standard disclaimer:

All prices are in US dollars. Shipping will be via. Canada Post (which continues on as USPS in the US). This includes tracking and insurance. I will cover PayPal and Shipping fee. I will not list this as a gift or skimp on the declared value for insurance purposes, so please keep that in mind if you are wary of potential duties incurred from this purchase. Unless otherwise told, I will be shipping your order to the main address tied to your PayPal account.

PayPal will be the method of money exchange. I will also accept email money transfers from Canadian buyers with established feedback on these forums. I am located in the Vancouver area of BC, Canada, so if you're in the area I would not mind meeting up locally and doing a cash exchange.

No returns from people with < 3 feedback, so read descriptions carefully and please ask any and all questions before pulling the trigger, but if you have an issue with the item that you have received, message me and let's chat about it to work something out. For everyone else, I'll accept returns within 7 days of receiving the item, you pay shipping.

Thank you for looking. Have a good day. :3

Attached Images

Last edited by EarlVonTapia; 11-26-2015 at 12:56 AM.
11-15-2015, 12:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bump

Adjusted (lowered) pricing.
11-15-2015, 02:18 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Off topic, that's a very well armed goat you have there, sir.
11-15-2015, 10:00 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Off topic, that's a very well armed goat you have there, sir.
Well thank you. I like to have fun with my sales threads. Although, I'm not sure if the funny pics help or harm with sales . . .

Anyhoo, the 18-135 is sold, and the Q package is on hold pending payment. (EDIT: Sold)

GUN GOATS 4 LYFE

E

Last edited by EarlVonTapia; 11-16-2015 at 05:17 PM.
11-16-2015, 09:42 AM   #5

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
I have a couple of questions about your Pentax q. Does it come with a manual? How old is it? I'd like to buy this for my daughter. She's very interested in getting her a dslr to learn on. Thank you!

Amber
11-16-2015, 05:14 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Amberr Quote
I have a couple of questions about your Pentax q. Does it come with a manual? How old is it? I'd like to buy this for my daughter. She's very interested in getting her a dslr to learn on. Thank you!

Amber
Hi Amber, thanks for the question.

Unfortunately the Q package has already been sold.

However, using a Q as a camera to learn how to use a DSLR is probably not the most optimal play anyways. I would suggest that your daughter should learn to work with a regular-sized DSLR, such as the Pentax K50 (going on sale right now for a REALLY GOOD price, and possibly could drop even lower this coming Black Friday) -

Pentax K-50 Digital SLR Camera Body Black - B&H Photo Video

The K50 is the successor to the K30, which is my current full-sized camera (and my first ever DSLR!). The camera is perfect for learning the ropes, and is more than capable of taking awesome photos (here is me winning the pentaxforums best-of-2014 contest with it: The Making of "Alone With the Universe" - Photo Contests | PentaxForums.com).

Thanks again, happy hunting.

E
11-20-2015, 12:18 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bump. Happy Friday!
11-23-2015, 02:21 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bump!