Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2015, 06:12 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
Vivitar Series 1 Bokina 90/2.5 Macro w/ Adapter w/ Case (#2)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Vivitar Series 1 Bokina 90/2.5 Macro w/ Adapter w/ Case (#2)

Asking Price
179.00 USD

Item Location
Massachusetts (United States)

Item Description
This Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5 Macro and its 1:1 Macro Adapter are looking for a good, loving home, where they will arrive with both of their original front caps, both of their original rear caps, and their original two-compartment dedicated lens case.

[Please note that I am offering two of these Bokina lens kits for sale at about the same time, and that I am calling this one "Bokina #2".]

This lens is in very good condition optically and cosmetically and in excellent condition mechanically. The glass itself is clear, but the interior is not quite as clean as in "Bokina #1", and I would say that this is the biggest difference between the two lenses for sale (and is the main reason for why this lens is priced less) -- however, this lens does take images just as beautiful as does "Bokina #1". The aperture lever is "snappy" and the aperture blades are free of oil.

The macro adapter (which was used less often than the lens itself) is in excellent condition. Its glass is clear and unmarked with an absolute minimum of dust, and its aperture linkage and its aperture indicator both function properly.

The exteriors of the lens and of the adapter, and of their caps, are all quite nice -- please examine the photos below to verify.

The unusual two-compartment dedicated lens case is fully functional and quite sturdy -- however, as the photos below illustrate, its surface has deteriorated over time (as always seems to have happened to the surface material that these cases were made from in the 1970s).

I should not have to say much about the desirable optical qualities of the VS1 90/2.5 Macro -- if you have read this far, you probably already know about these special lenses, which are superb for macro use, for portraits, or for general short telephoto use. In brief, the VS1 "Bokina" is sharp, sharp, sharp, "with bokeh to die for". However, if you do want to read some Pentax user reports on the VS1 Bokina, please check out Vivitar Series 1 "Bokina" (tokina) 90mm F2.5 Macro Lens Reviews - Vivitar Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database .

If you are interested in this lens, if you have any questions about it, or if you wish to purchase it, please send me a PM, but ~please~ mention that you are inquiring about "Bokina #2:. Thanks.

Thank you for your interest in this lens.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
$12.00

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Return accepted within 7 days.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by fwcetus; 12-13-2015 at 06:23 PM.