Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2015, 06:21 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
Vivitar Series 1 Bokina 90/2.5 Macro w/ Adapter w/ Case (#1)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Vivitar Series 1 Bokina 90/2.5 Macro w/ Adapter w/ Case

Asking Price
259.00 USD

Item Location
Massachusetts (United States)

Item Description
This Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5 Macro and its 1:1 Macro Adapter are looking for a good, loving home, where they will arrive with both of their original front caps, both of their original rear caps, their original two-compartment dedicated lens case, and their original box (with foam liners).

This lens is in excellent condition, optically, mechanically, and cosmetically. The glass is clear and unmarked with a minimum of tiny dust particles. The aperture lever is "snappy" and the aperture blades are free of oil.

The macro adapter (which was used less often than the lens itself) is also in excellent (or better) condition. Its glass is clear and unmarked with an absolute minimum of dust, and its aperture linkage and its aperture indicator both function properly.

The exteriors of the lens and of the adapter, and of their caps, are all very nice -- please examine the photos below to verify.

The unusual two-compartment dedicated lens case is fully functional and quite sturdy -- however, as the photos below illustrate, its surface has deteriorated over time (as always seems to have happened to the surface material that these cases were made from in the 1970s).

The original box is a little "tired" nowadays, although the foam plastic liners are still in very good shape.

I should not have to say much about the desirable optical qualities of the VS1 90/2.5 Macro -- if you have read this far, you probably already know about this special lens, which is superb for macro use, for portraits, or for general short telephoto use. In brief, the VS1 "Bokina" is sharp, sharp, sharp, "with bokeh to die for". However, if you do wish to read what some Pentax users report on the VS1 Bokina, please check out Vivitar Series 1 "Bokina" (tokina) 90mm F2.5 Macro Lens Reviews - Vivitar Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database .

If you are interested in this lens, if you have any questions about it, or if you wish to purchase it, please send me a PM. Thanks.

Thank you for your interest in this lens.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
$12.00

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Return accepted within 7 days.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by fwcetus; 12-18-2015 at 01:41 PM.
12-13-2015, 09:34 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 63 (100%)
What a beautiful baby! So tempting...........(running away)
12-16-2015, 05:29 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Here's one of the better articles online about the VS1 90/2.5 -

Making Not Taking: Vivitar Series 1 90mm f/2.5 VMC 1:2 "Bokina"

Here are a few quotes from the above article -

"The Vivitar S1 (Series 1) 90mm f/2.5 macro lens is one of the sharpest lenses made for 35mm."

"This is my favorite lens of all time bar none. Everything about it. The build quality is like no lens you will find today: solid, heavy, metal construction. The optical capabilities, especially wide open, are outstanding. The f/2.5 usable aperture is the best part. It is a 2.5 lens, able to be used, just about optimally even, at f-2-point-5!"

"This lens truly is something special. It all comes together. My recommendation: If you are looking to do a lot of macro and want a high performance lens, for a great price, and especially love that substantial, rock-like feel of older manual focus glass, buy the Vivitar Series 1 90mm f/2.5 or Tokina AT-X 90mm f/2.5. You'll never think twice."

Last edited by fwcetus; 12-17-2015 at 01:21 PM.
12-17-2015, 08:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 95 (100%)
Great lens! I treasure mine, even without the 1:1 adapter.

12-18-2015, 07:32 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 159 (99%)
Fred is a valued member and great seller. I can't believe this is still here (I bought Bokina #2 but I left the boxed one for the collectors!).
12-18-2015, 08:00 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 49 (100%)
Ok. I am convinced. PM sent.
12-18-2015, 10:11 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Sale pending . . .

Sold.

Last edited by fwcetus; 12-18-2015 at 01:40 PM.