Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

 
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2008, 09:36 PM   #1
Senior Member
button's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 241
Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
[SOLD] A* 85mm 1.4 $1195 shipped conus, elsewhere negotiable

This is the one! I had it serviced by Pentax a few months ago. There is a tiny bubble that can be seen in the front element that I assume was present the day it left the factory- it has had NO EFFECT on image quality. Glass otherwise clean, aperture blades snappy. Some internal dust can be seen, most removed at time of service. A few months ago, there seemed to be a bit of stiffness with focusing. However, that is no longer the case (for whatever reason- changes in humidity?). The bearings were not replaced at the time of service, and no mention was made of any need for such on my service note.

Lens ships with hard case, caps, and UV haze filter.








Thanks for looking,

John


Last edited by button; 07-07-2008 at 12:23 PM. Reason: price reduction
06-29-2008, 03:12 PM   #2
Senior Member
button's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 241
Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Original Poster
pics added
06-29-2008, 03:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member
rparmar's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,783
Feedback Score: 12 (100%)
The FA series and now this. You leaving the Pentax world?
06-29-2008, 05:01 PM   #4
Senior Member
button's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 241
Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
The FA series and now this. You leaving the Pentax world?
Unfortunately, my needs have changed over the past year or so, and I need to free up some cash.

John

06-29-2008, 05:55 PM   #5
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Monterey Bay area in CA
Posts: 162
Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
Nice lens!
06-29-2008, 08:23 PM   #6
Veteran Member
frank's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 3,202
Feedback Score: 149 (100%)
Beautiful lens, reasonable price too. I'm still debating if I should get this one, especially consider I already got the FA77 and FA*85/1.4 ...

Some one please get this one before I make up my mind ...
06-29-2008, 10:57 PM   #7
Banned




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Savannah, U.S./Baguio City, P.H.
Posts: 5,979
Feedback Score: 8 (79%)
oh how I lust for this lens...
06-30-2008, 05:20 AM   #8
Senior Member
button's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 241
Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Beautiful lens, reasonable price too. I'm still debating if I should get this one, especially consider I already got the FA77 and FA*85/1.4 ...

Some one please get this one before I make up my mind ...
Frank, you know I'd love to do business with you again

John

06-30-2008, 07:30 PM   #9
Veteran Member
frank's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 3,202
Feedback Score: 149 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by button Quote
Frank, you know I'd love to do business with you again

John
Yeah, I'd love to deal w/ you again too. But my wife won't be happy if she finds out about a new high tag purchase like this one, especially after I just got FA*80200 and a VL125 macro very recently

But I'm drooling every time I come back to this thread ...
06-30-2008, 08:12 PM   #10
Veteran Member
Kguru's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Perth - WestAust
Posts: 602
Feedback Score: 17 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
But I'm drooling every time I come back to this thread ...
Easy Frank, you get this one and sell me the FA*85, for ... errr errr ... half price
06-30-2008, 08:59 PM   #11
Senior Member
button's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 241
Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Yeah, I'd love to deal w/ you again too. But my wife won't be happy if she finds out about a new high tag purchase like this one, especially after I just got FA*80200 and a VL125 macro very recently
Frank, just tell her it's an early birthday present from her to you.

John
06-30-2008, 10:02 PM   #12
Veteran Member
frank's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 3,202
Feedback Score: 149 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Kguru Quote
Easy Frank, you get this one and sell me the FA*85, for ... errr errr ... half price
Nah, that one is her favorite lens, although she never uses it to take photos. She loves its look and photos from the lens. Actually I almost sold it to a forum friend here, but it's her who stopped the transaction ...

I think the FA*85 would be the second last lens I'd let go. The last one would be the 31 ...
06-30-2008, 10:03 PM   #13
Veteran Member
frank's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 3,202
Feedback Score: 149 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by button Quote
Frank, just tell her it's an early birthday present from her to you.

John
Hmm, thanks for the tip. But probably it's far too early
06-30-2008, 11:06 PM   #14
Veteran Member
Kguru's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Perth - WestAust
Posts: 602
Feedback Score: 17 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
I think the FA*85 would be the second last lens I'd let go. The last one would be the 31 ...
Frank, i know you have tried and owned heaps of "upper-class" lenses; this statement coming from you says a huge lot about the 31.

Sorry John for jacking your FS thread, but at least it gets a free bump
07-01-2008, 07:28 PM   #15
Senior Member
button's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 241
Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kguru Quote
Frank, i know you have tried and owned heaps of "upper-class" lenses; this statement coming from you says a huge lot about the 31.

Sorry John for jacking your FS thread, but at least it gets a free bump
Hijack away, Kguru
 

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
months, service, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Canon 40D/10-22 combo $995 shipped CONUS (elsewhere negotiable) button Sold Items 0 01-25-2009 12:46 PM
For Sale - Sold: K100D with 18-55mm Kit lens - $330 Shipped CONUS ohcello Sold Items 3 07-22-2008 08:54 PM
For Sale - Sold: FA 50 1.4 $169 and 10-17 fish eye $369 shipped conus (elsewhere negotiable) button Sold Items 4 07-07-2008 12:21 PM
For Sale - Sold: K10d $500 Shipped priority! CONUS GatorPentax Sold Items 3 06-27-2008 10:49 AM
For Sale - Sold: FS: Pentax FA* 300mm f 4.5- $1095 shipped conus (elsewhere negotiable) button Sold Items 14 04-14-2008 11:21 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:05 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top