PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sears 28mm f2.8 PK Macro

Asking Price
25.00 USD

Item Location
Rolla, MO (United States)

Item Description

In April 2015 I purchased this Sears 28mm f2.8 PK (no "A" setting - same as Pentax-M lenses). Unfortunately, it was in very bad condition. It was badly fogged, would not focus, and the aperture blades were sticky/slow. I dismantled the lens and found that it appeared someone had disassembled it and tried to clean the elements, but left much solvent residue on the glass and aperture blades, and had improperly inserted one of the elements backwards which is why it would not originally focus. I cleaned the affected elements, flushed the aperture blades with naptha to clean them (they are now clean and snappy), and reassembled the lens with the backwards element properly installed. After that, I found that the lens works well!

I have enjoyed using this lens, and the "Macro" (actually, close-focus to less than 8 inches) capability is excellent. The bokeh is pleasant to my eyes, and the colors appear vivid and true, with moderately-good contrast. This lens will definitely benefit from a hood to help reduce flare, but is fairly good at flare resistance. Sharpness is good from f2.8 onward if you are very careful to accurately focus, and is even better from f4 onward.

Reason for Selling
I liked this lens so much, I searched and found a -A (auto-aperture) version of this lens and bought it, so this one is extra.

I list it in "fair" condition due to some residue I could not remove from the glass around the edges of one of the internal elements. However, my assessment is that the residue has little or no effect on the functionality of the lens, especially on APS-C. Shown below are before and after cleaning pictures, general pictures of the lens, and some photographs I took with it mounted on my K-5 after cleaning.

I will only accept PayPal payment, and am only asking $25 which includes shipping to the Continental U.S. (only), PayPal fees, and the front and rear caps (not original) as shown in the photos.

BEFORE CLEANING

Looking at lens rear PRIOR to cleaning

AFTER CLEANING

Looking at lens rear AFTER cleaning

BEFORE CLEANING

Looking at lens front PRIOR to cleaning

AFTER CLEANING

Looking at lens front AFTER cleaning

All the following are AFTER the lens was cleaned:

Lens front, open aperture

Lens front, closed aperture

Lens rear, open aperture

Lens rear, closed aperture

Lens overview

Lens overview

Lens overview

Photo taken with lens @ f4

Photo taken with lens @ f2.8

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Fair

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
Included in price

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns - as-is

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by k0og; 12-18-2015 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Add "Macro" to title
12-21-2015, 08:24 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
Original Poster
Bump it up...

This lens works fine, as shown in the sample photos.

-Joe-
12-25-2015, 02:34 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
Original Poster
Sold!

Thanks for viewing...

Merry Christmas.

-Joe-