PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Very Low Mileage ZX-5N (MZ-5N) w/ Data Back Fg w/ AA Battery Pack Fg

Asking Price
$49.00 USD

Item Location
Massachusetts (United States)

Item Description

The ZX-5N/MZ-5N, produced from 1997 to 2005, was a very popular "retro" style film camera body (using a classic control layout, having a shutter speed dial, an exposure comp dial, and levers for metering and drive modes, and employing a real pentaprism for its finder). The "N" (for "new") in the name denoted that it was an upgrade from the popular ZX-5/MZ-5, to which it added auto-bracketing, exposure lock, and DOF preview, as well as including all the original ZX-5/MZ-5 features (built-in flash, built-in winder, spot and multi-pattern metering, etc.).

This copy of the ZX-5N was originally sold as a "ZX-5N Quartz Date" model, meaning that the ZX-5N body was packaged with the optional Data Back Fg attached in place of a "plain" back. The Data Back Fg allowed for the recording of the month, day, and year (in multiple formats), or nothing at all, on prints and slides.

This copy of the ZX-5N also comes with the optional Battery Pack Fg, which attaches to the bottom of the body and allows the use of 4 inexpensive AA alkaline batteries rather than 2 expensive lithium cells. [Nowadays this "battery pack" might instead be called a "battery grip", since it also slightly improves handling with the body, especially with larger and/or heavier lenses.]

This particular ZX-5N was bought new and was my wife's last film body (her first one being a Super Program), and it had been used very little before she switched over to an *ist DS digital body. I just checked it out with 4 AA's and a "dummy" roll of never-developed-but-reused-over-and-over film that I use for mechanically exercising and/or testing old film bodies, and everything still seems to be in great shape. [Please note that I did not develop the film or examine any resulting prints, however.]

Included with the ZX-5N (and its Data Back Fg and Battery Pack Fg) are the original "ZX-5" strap (with a cute little strap-mounted "holster" for the eyepiece blind, still inside the "holster"), the original body cap, the original operating manuals for the camera body and the Battery Pack Fg, the original 22-page sales brochure for the ZX-5N, and the original box (minus the UPC code, cut out for use with a rebate offer, as I recall). [Please note that there is no operating manual for the Data Back Fg (which came already installed on the body).]

If you have any questions, please send me a PM.

Pictures of the lens and its matching accessories follow -

Thanks for your interest in this nice Pentax ZX-5N camera body.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
$12.00 USD

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Buyer has a 14-day privilege to return the ZX-5N and its accessories if it is not as described (or if it were DOA).

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by fwcetus; 01-04-2016 at 04:15 PM.
01-04-2016, 04:14 PM   #2
A Proud PENTAXER !!!

Feedback Score: 30 (100%)
Original Poster
bumped
01-09-2016, 09:14 PM   #3
A Proud PENTAXER !!!

Feedback Score: 30 (100%)
Original Poster
bumpety-bump

---------- Post added Jan 10th, 2016 at 10:47 ----------

Possible sale in progress . . .

---------- Post added Jan 11th, 2016 at 12:18 ----------

Cam has been SOLD.

Last edited by fwcetus; 01-10-2016 at 12:46 PM.