Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2016, 06:51 PM   #1
Closed Account

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
DA 35mm f/2.8 Macro Ltd

For sale is my entire Pentax system, a K-3 body and lenses (descriptions, prices, and photo links below).

There is only item left!

Pentax DA 35 mm f/2.8 Macro Limited lens

Everything else has been sold to satisfied buyers:

• ** SOLD ** Pentax DA* 50-135 mm f/2.8 lens
• ** SOLD ** Pentax DA* 16-50 mm f/2.8 lens
• ** SOLD ** Pentax DA 10-17 mm Fisheye lens
• ** SOLD ** Pentax FA 50 mm f/1.4 lens
• ** SOLD ** Pentax A 70-210 mm f/4 lens (bought used)
• ** SOLD ** Pentax K-3 camera, body only plus spare battery

I've now included Canadian pricing for Canadian buyers.

But first:

• I cover shipping (Canada Post/USPS) and the PayPal fee. I will also accept Interac e-Transfer, but PayPal is best for buyer protection.
• I will ship to anywhere within North America.
• I take great care of all my equipment. Each item is in ‘like new’ condition.
• I have made every attempt to price each item fairly, researching other used prices that properly reflect each item’s condition. That said, I would like these items sold quickly so I am open to offers. However, please be reasonable seeing how I’m already covering shipping and the PayPal fee!
• If you are in southern Alberta, I would be willing to sell you the item(s) in person.
• I am the original owner of all items.
• Each item to be sold "as is", no returns. (For the record, none of my buyers have ever even asked for one.)

About the lenses:

• The aperture blades do not stick and there is no internal dust or fungus.
• The rings all turn smoothly (focus/aperture).

Okay, here's the description and price of each - er, sorry - the final item!

Pentax DA 35 mm f/2.8 Macro Limited lens

Name:  20160102-K3-1770.jpg
Views: 1833
Size:  138.9 KB

This lens has been like my multi-tool, used for sharp, contrasty shots of a wide variety of subjects from macro to landscapes. The close-up ability can create some crazy macro effects when compared to using a lens with a longer focal length!

Check out photos of this lens including photos that I've taken with this lens.

NOTE: This is the discontinued version with the green ring, not the new HD version with the red ring. No matter – it still has killer optics!

• The all-metal lens body and built-in metal lens hood are cosmetically perfect and the glass surfaces are scratch-free.
• The lens hood has also extends and retracts smoothly.
• The metal lens cap has some scratches because it was dropped a few times, but it is otherwise not damaged or warped.

Lens comes with original everything: box, manual, front and rear caps, and soft vinyl case.

$325 $300 U.S. (or $375 CDN for Canadian buyers)

** SOLD ** Pentax DA* 50-135 mm f/2.8 lens

My copy of this highly regarded lens has lived up to its hype: it is tack sharp and has not experienced any SDM issues since I bought it new in early 2012.

• The lens body and lens hood are cosmetically perfect.
• The aperture blades do not stick and there is no internal dust or fungus.
• The focus and zoom rings both turn smoothly.

THERE IS ONE SMALL SCRATCH on the front lens element, but it is of no consequence, and the only scratch on any of my lenses. (Rear element is perfect.) It’s approx. 2 mm long and you have to look closely at the right light angle to find it since it’s only a light surface scratch. It happened when I tapped it accidentally with a filter soon after I bought it. Yes, I was freaked out when it happened, that little-scratch-on-a-new-car kind of feeling. But as it turned out it has never affected image quality, so it’s inconsequential – just a cosmetic thing that only bothers OC folk like me. So I just wanted to be ‘straight up’ and point out that it’s there. I didn’t want anybody to buy it, find it himself, then be upset because I never told him!

Lens comes with original everything: box, manual, front and rear caps, lens hood, and soft case.

$550 $525 U.S.

** SOLD ** Pentax DA* 16-50 mm f/2.8 lens

This lens was bought new in October 2013 and has had none of the SDM issues reported by some other users.

What about sharpness? A concern that some people have about this lens. This particular copy gives you RIDICULOUSLY sharp images at f/5.6 and smaller, with f/5.6-8 being the known sweet-spots for this lens.

How about wider apertures? Here is how I replied to somebody asking me if it’s “tack sharp at f/2.8”:
“I've gone through my collection with this lens shot at f/2.8 at all focal lengths and would say that you only get center sharpness at this focal length (as you probably know, due to very shallow depth-of-field), and the sharpness is not "tack" sharp but I would say "acceptably" sharp. However, this is common with this lens, and I knew this even before buying it. It was a trade-off I was willing to accept for weather-resistance and silent AF.

That said, all of my photos were hand-held, mostly at slower shutter speeds (none were on a tripod) and some were at very high ISO (some at 12,800). At 16mm wide open, this lens is mediocre as I'm sure you've read in reviews, but it gets better at longer than 20mm at f/2.8. I also noticed that even stopping down by 1/3-stop to f/3.2 was noticeably better for sharpness.”
The lens body and lens hood are cosmetically perfect and the glass surfaces are scratch-free.

Lens comes with original everything: box, manual, front and rear caps, lens hood, and soft case.

$450 U.S.

** SOLD ** Pentax DA 10-17 mm Fisheye lens

The lens body and built-in metal lens hood are cosmetically perfect and the glass surfaces are scratch-free.

Lens comes with original everything: box, manual, front and rear caps, and soft case.

$275 U.S.

** SOLD ** Pentax FA 50 mm f/1.4 lens

This lens has not been used much. It was my first purchase as a Pentax owner, but then it took a back seat to other lenses that I used a lot more.

The lens body is cosmetically perfect and the glass surfaces are scratch-free.

Lens comes with original everything: box, manual, and front and rear caps.

$210 $200 U.S. (or $260 CDN for Canadian buyers)

** SOLD ** Pentax A 70-210 mm f/4 lens

I bought this lens used and it has lived in a camera bag when not in use. It got used very little after I bought the DA* 50-135.

This is a FANTASTIC copy and has produced some of my favorite photos, including some in macro mode. I originally paid $235 CDN for it and would gladly pay it again because it’s just that sharp! The Pentax catch-in-focus feature greatly increased my number of ‘keepers’ with action shots.

The lens body and built-in metal lens hood are in great condition and the glass surfaces are scratch-free. The lens hood has also extends and retracts smoothly.

There are only a couple of minor nicks on the focus ring. Otherwise, the lens has no damage – it’s as cosmetically good as one can expect from a lens made in the 1980s! This lens also does not have any of the lens ‘creep’ that some other users have reported.

Lens comes with front and rear caps.

$125 $110 U.S. (or $140 CDN for Canadian buyers)

** SOLD ** Pentax K-3, body only plus spare battery

I bought the K-3 camera body new 13 months ago (December 2014) and it has less than 2,000 shutter actuations, so you could consider it VERY ‘lightly used’. There is nothing wrong with it – I just don’t need it any more since I’ve bought a different camera body.

• The rear LCD has been covered by a screen protector since the date of purchase.
• The original Pentax strap is unused, still in the plastic. A third-party strap has been used instead.

Comes with:
• The original Pentax D-LI90 battery
• A spare original Pentax D-LI90 battery
• Original box + accessories (battery charger, strap, manual, software, etc.)

$550 U.S.

Last edited by enoxatnep; 03-03-2016 at 10:27 PM.
01-07-2016, 10:13 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
Pm sent regarding 16-50
01-07-2016, 01:14 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Hi - do these lenses fit a K10D? Thx!
01-07-2016, 01:43 PM   #4
Closed Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Drdr32 Quote
Hi - do these lenses fit a K10D? Thx!
Yes, they do. I believe even the DA* lenses will use the SDM autofocus on this body, but somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

01-07-2016, 08:07 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 93 (100%)
PM for the 10-17 fisheye
01-07-2016, 09:44 PM   #6
Closed Account

Original Poster
K-3 and 10-17 Fisheye now SOLD.
01-08-2016, 06:08 AM - 2 Likes   #7
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 66 (100%)
Oh no, is enoxatnep leaving Pentax? Should we call you enonokin or enononac or enoynos?

01-08-2016, 07:54 AM - 1 Like   #8
Closed Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Oh no, is enoxatnep leaving Pentax? Should we call you enonokin or enononac or enoynos?
Ah, I figured somebody might call me on my hypocrisy! The past few years has led me in a direction that calls for faster, more accurate AF and much better AF tracking, especially in lower lighting, and the K-3 was my last litmus test for the Pentax system. Unfortunately, I've had to move on to 'faster' waters in terms of AF, and I'm skeptical that the new Pentax full-frame will provide that. When my subjects were more sedate, Pentax served me just fine. So yeah, now I'm selling all this pampered equipment!
01-08-2016, 08:59 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 66 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by enoxatnep Quote
Ah, I figured somebody might call me on my hypocrisy!
Nah, just the irony of your username. It's like me saying "I'm selling all my wideangles and concentrating on macros now!"

Good luck with the sale!
01-08-2016, 09:48 AM - 1 Like   #10
MSL
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Nah, just the irony of your username. It's like me saying "I'm selling all my wideangles and concentrating on macros now!"
Then we'd call you ittybittypanoguy
01-08-2016, 09:49 AM   #11
Closed Account

Original Poster

Good luck with the sale!
Thanks, and I meant the name to stand for "One who uses Pentax", not "Pentax is #1 in my heart and always will be". I have real trouble coming up with user names, so several years ago when I joined these forums I acted quickly just because I wanted sign up to start asking questions. Really wanted to change it after the fact but, alas, that's not possible!

Last edited by enoxatnep; 01-09-2016 at 04:13 PM.
01-09-2016, 11:20 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 17 (100%)
I can't believe this is still for sale!!!
01-09-2016, 12:49 PM   #13

sending you a PM
01-11-2016, 09:30 AM   #14
Closed Account

Original Poster
Just a little bump for these five remaining, like-new-quality lenses!

Last edited by enoxatnep; 01-11-2016 at 09:38 AM.
01-12-2016, 10:23 AM   #15

sent you a pm