Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2016, 11:31 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
72mm Filters: Marumi CPL and Variable ND, Hoya UV, Tiffen and Formatt HiTech Grad ND

I am selling a collection of 72mm filters because I am going to divest myself of the lens that uses them (the Sigma). I keep all my stuff in excellent shape. I have the original packaging for all of them. Up for sale are the following:

Hoya HD UV - $25
These are *really* good UV filters. I use them all my lenses for protection. I don't see glare, ghosting, etc. They clean easily with the Zeiss wipes and are rock hard. I've never scratched one. The newest HD3 sells for $115 on Amazon, so you know these are quality filters. This one has been sitting in the closet unused for quite some time, before which it saw action on my Sigma 17-70 (which I kept for about a year).

Marumi Super DHG Circular Polarizer (CPL) - $65
No scratches, dings, damage to the filter threads. Marumi filters are my favorite. The Super DHG has seemingly been discontinued and replaced with the much more expensive (yet seemingly not different) Exus line. This has seen sporadic action and been an A+ performer for me. I've used it on my Sigma 18-35 throughout the zoom range without any vignetting.

Marumi DHG Variable Neutral Density (NDX) - $75
NDX filters are expensive little buggers--this is a great bargain! I never used this filter in the field. It's new aside from the fact that the box has been opened. No scratches, dings, damage to the filter threads. Note that the front element is quite a bit wider than 72mm (I think it's 77mm) so it may require temporary removal of your bayonet lens hood.

Formatt HiTech ND3 (0.9) Graduated Neutral Density Filter, Soft Edge - $50
Another filter I bought but never used more than once or twice. No scratches, dings, damage to the filter threads. I'll include the white protective case you see it in (that comes from Hoya filters), even though it's a bit too thin to contain this filter. This filter is hard to find since it's stocked sparingly at the major camera outlets. This filter rotates like a CPL for alignment.

Tiffen Digital HT ND2 (0.6) Graduated Neutral Density Filter - $75
Used this only a handful of times as well. No scratches, dings, damage to the filter threads. This is not the regular one; this is the one that costs $120 new. I'm including the white protective case (lid omitted) even though it's a bit thin for this filter. This filter rotates like a CPL for alignment.

Shipping:
Domestic Priority Mail shipping is included in all purchases. I am willing to ship internationally but there will be a surcharge; I'll pay whatever it would have cost to send domestically (about $5) and the rest will fall to you. Payment via Paypal.

Other things:
I entertain the possibility of trades, as unlikely as it seems. I understand cash may is likely to be involved on either side of such a transaction. I'd only be willing to consider the following lenses in exchange for some combination of these filters:
Pentax FA43 f/1.9 Limited
Pentax FA*24 f/2
Pentax DA21 f/3.2 (HD or SMC)
Pentax DA15 f/4 (SMC greatly preferred)

Last edited by MadMathMind; 01-18-2016 at 12:11 PM.