PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tokina AT-X 60-120/2.8 Fast Portrait/Telephoto Zoom

Asking Price
$49.00 USD Firm

Item Location
Massachusetts (United States)

Item Description

Looking for a good home is this Tokina AT-X 60-120/2.8 MF portrait zoom lens. [If you are unfamiliar with this lens, please refer to the forum's user reviews for the lens at Tokina AT-X 60-120mm F2.8 Lens Reviews - Tokina Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database , where the lens earned an overall score of 9.0 out of 10.]

This copy of the AT-X 60-120/2.8 design (SN 8411679) is in mostly good shape -- the focusing and zooming actions are buttery smooth, the aperture ring turns properly, and the aperture blades are oil-free and "snappy".

However, there is just one obvious problem: There is a scratch across part of the front element (along with some minor dings on the outside edge of the filter ring and the front edge of the focus/zoom ring nearby, probably incurred at the same time as the scratch) (and I have shown these in some pix below).

When I first obtained this lens, it already had these defects, but I bought it anyway, since I really wanted a copy of this uncommon portrait zoom. I have used it for a number of years, never noticing any significant problem due to the scratch, but I have ~finally~ been able to find a newer (and undamaged) copy of the lens, so I am "liberating" my first copy, at a favorable price, only because of the scratch (and, currently, there is an undamaged copy of one of these AT-X 60-120/2.8 lenses for sale in the Marketplace for over $250 USD, just for a comparison).

However, I would like to emphasize that the scratch really does seem to have no discernible effect on photos (and the little dents in the outside of the filter ring and the front edge of the focus/zoom ring do not affect the use of the filter threads or the focus/zoom actions at all). To try to illustrate this, I did a comparison test of this lens and my new 60-120/2.8, for which I am providing a couple of side-by-side 100% crops:

I am providing a 100% crop comparison HERE, with both lenses were set for 60mm and f/2.8, which looks like this smaller thumbnail (the lens for sale here is on the right).

And, HERE, both lenses (with the sale lens on the right) were set to 120mm and f/2.8. [By the way, these side-by-side comparisons were done with FastStone Image Viewer.]

The Tokina AT-X 60-120/2.8 seems to be not overly difficult to find in various other lens mounts, but is seemingly quite uncommon in K-mount trim (judging only from my own searches for two different copies of the lens). So, here is a chance for someone to pick up a copy of this lens at a good price. [KEH, because of the scratch, would grade this as "ugly", but it really is a beautiful lens.]

Included with the lens are both front and rear caps. The rear cap is a Pentax K-mount cap, while the front cap is a screw-in metal type of cap. [However, if the buyer prefers, I can instead provide a Sigma clip-on front cap, which is more like an original Tokina front cap (except, of course, for the "Sigma" label on it).]

Payment must be by PayPal, and shipping will be by USPS Priority Mail.

If you have any questions about the lens, please send me a PM.

Pix of the lens follow -

Here is a view of the scratch on the front element -

And here is another view of the scratch -

Here you can see the impact damage on one side of the filter threads and zoom ring -

And here is a view of the damage on the other side of the lens -

Here are the caps I used with this lens -

But, if the buyer prefers, a clip-on Sigma cap can be provided instead -

And this photo shows why I am willing to let this lens go to a good home -

Thank you for your interest in this lens.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Damaged

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$10.00 USD

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Buyer has a 7-day privilege to return the lens if it is not as described.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by fwcetus; 01-28-2016 at 10:35 AM.
01-28-2016, 08:40 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
Original Poster
b u m p
01-28-2016, 09:53 AM   #3

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
just sent you a message

hey there, just sent you a message about this
01-28-2016, 12:03 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)