Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2016, 09:58 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 49 (100%)
REDUCED Vivitar Series 1 Bokina 90/2.5 Macro w/ Adapter w/ Case

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Vivitar Series 1 Bokina 90/2.5 Macro w/ Adapter w/ Case (#1)

Asking Price
225.00 USD

Item Location
Florida (United States)

Item Description
The lens is beautiful as described in the thread referenced below. After playing with it for a month I find that my vision is even worse than I thought and even with focus peeking I cannot use manual focus any more. I am relegated to the uncertainties of autofocus. The few keepers I got with this lens were spectacular but the low percentage make it better for me to sell it and just stick to my autofocus lenses.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
inc in CONUS

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
This lens needs no introduction. Bought it from Fred (fwcetus) recently. See
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/36-sold-items/309683-sale-sold-vivitar-se...-case-1-a.html
for more details. THE IMAGE BELOW IS A PIC OF THE ACTUAL LENS FOR SALE COURTESY OF FWCETUS FROM WHOM I PURCHASED IT

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 

Last edited by jkglogau; 02-05-2016 at 07:56 AM.
01-28-2016, 12:43 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by jkglogau Quote
Item Description
The lens is beautiful as described in the thread referenced below. After playing with it for a month I find that my vision is even worse than I thought and even with focus peeking I cannot use manual focus any more. I am relegated to the uncertainties of autofocus. The few keepers I got with this lens were spectacular but the low percentage make it better for me to sell it and just stick to my autofocus lenses.
I am very sorry to see that this lovely lens will be looking for another good home so soon. However, one person's loss will become another person's gain.

QuoteOriginally posted by jkglogau Quote
Additional Details
This lens needs no introduction. Bought it from Fred (fwcetus) recently. See
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/36-sold-items/309683-sale-sold-vivitar-se...-case-1-a.html
for more details.
Since I had already taken my original listing pix offline, I have just reinstated them, so that the above link to my old marketplace thread will be more useful.

Last edited by fwcetus; 01-28-2016 at 01:15 PM.
01-28-2016, 01:10 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Fred.
01-28-2016, 01:33 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 159 (99%)
I am the proud owner of Bokina #2 of the two fwcetus recently listed. I can attest to everything claimed about that identical lens, and share Fred's sorrow that the OP won't be able to enjoy this beauty.

01-28-2016, 02:36 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
Here's one of the better online articles about the VS1 90/2.5 -

Making Not Taking: Vivitar Series 1 90mm f/2.5 VMC 1:2 "Bokina"

And here are a few quotes from the above article -

"The Vivitar S1 (Series 1) 90mm f/2.5 macro lens is one of the sharpest lenses made for 35mm."

"This is my favorite lens of all time bar none. Everything about it. The build quality is like no lens you will find today: solid, heavy, metal construction. The optical capabilities, especially wide open, are outstanding. The f/2.5 usable aperture is the best part. It is a 2.5 lens, able to be used, just about optimally even, at f-2-point-5!"

"This lens truly is something special. It all comes together. My recommendation: If you are looking to do a lot of macro and want a high performance lens, for a great price, and especially love that substantial, rock-like feel of older manual focus glass, buy the Vivitar Series 1 90mm f/2.5."

'Nuf said . . .
01-31-2016, 04:26 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
bumpity
02-03-2016, 12:53 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump - added pic

02-05-2016, 07:55 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
must be macro season - lots of o-ptions on the marketplace. This is a beauty - price drop