PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sigma Bigma 50-500

Asking Price
450.00 USD

Item Location
Texas (United States)

Item Description
I think I've owned this lens about 10 years and I can't describe the joy it has brought me. If you are patient in learning how to use it, it will do the same for you. It is a superb lens and the IQ is every bit as good as my newer 50-500 HSM OS model. In fact, it may be better....it requires less processing than my new one.

It has normal wear and the paint is peeling on the bottom of the barrel, which is only a cosmetic blemish and does not affect the operation or IQ in any way. Body wear is normal for a lens that has taken thousands of shots. The glass is clear and clean without scratches or dings. The base mount shows some wear since it sits on the base constantly.

If I had to keep this 50-500 over my newer one, I would not be the least hesitant or disappointed...it is a tried and true winner.

I have bargain priced it, with cheap shipping, in hopes that it will find a good home with a shooter that will get as much joy from it as I have.

IMPORTANT: Otis Squirrel, his aliases, and/or his fellow affiliate squirrels are in No Way involved in this sale. This is strictly old Rupert...and everyone knows old Rupert! Buy with confidence!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
UPS...USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
I'm not selling it for a tryout...I already know it is excellent, but if it isn't what I claim I'm here for you, I ain't goin' nowhere!

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

02-09-2016, 10:20 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
Original Poster
Includes case, strap, box, hood & instructions.
Name:  DSCF9735-800.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  467.1 KB

Proven to give results you can love! An oldie but still a goodie!
Name:  DSCF9732-800.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  433.7 KB

Some wear on the foot
Name:  DSCF9728-800.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  508.5 KB

Some peeling paint.....Otis claims he once peed on it while I wasn't lookin', but that's a total lie!
Name:  DSCF9727-800.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  387.1 KB
02-09-2016, 11:17 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
It is a shame I am not in a position to buy at the moment. Even though this lens is not a lens I really am wanting, it would be nice to have access to a lens like this when they are racing out at the speedway in May.

Good luck on your sale Rupert.
02-09-2016, 12:17 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Selling to save up for the 150-450?

Good luck with the sale!

02-09-2016, 03:25 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Holy Cow!!!!!

A PF Icon that is responsible for countless photos and has been "Marked" by none other than Otis.....

I will remove my Bigma Marketplace listing at once and re-package it for Mrs. JML69 as a Valentines Day present now that she has already stolen my K-50, 18-135 WR and 55-300 WR. Sounds like I am due for a Prime DA 560?
02-09-2016, 04:25 PM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JML69 Quote
Holy Cow!!!!!

A PF Icon that is responsible for countless photos and has been "Marked" by none other than Otis...
So right...this lens has shot thousands of Otis and his Giant Army shots...and can easily shoot many thousands more. I am more interested in it getting a good home where it will get a lot of use than I am in selling it. I just hate to see it sit here lonely, and afraid that no one will make it happy by shooting with it most every day. It does have a spirit...a squirrel spirit...if that scars anyone, they shouldn't buy it!
The buyer should not be shocked if hundreds of squirrels show up when they find its new home...and they will all be hungry!
Regards!

---------- Post added 02-09-16 at 05:31 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Selling to save up for the 150-450?
No, I like the 50-500 better and will keep the other one but do plan on adding the new Penax 150 -450 to my stable this year....as soon as Otis can hack the new passwords to Mrs Rupert's brokerage accounts. It's risky proposition, but I've done it with success in the past. She depends on me to keep an eye on her investments ...and I damn sure do!

Regards!
02-10-2016, 04:00 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 84 (100%)
I'm surprised this is still here. I'll surely snag this if it's available by the time my refund comes in
02-13-2016, 01:45 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by chiepapi Quote
I'm surprised this is still here. I'll surely snag this if it's available by the time my refund comes in
I'm surprised too...this is a tried and true lens, still full of life and a joy awaiting some dedicated long lens shooter.

chiepapi -----Old Rupert is a trusting soul, understands karma, and sees that you've been around here a long time. Not near as active as old Rupert, but still...you are a Site Supporter and a Pentaxian.

No need to wait for your refund, if no one grabs this today, PM me and I'll make it easy for you to get it now and pay me later, on the credit of your credentials. You would have to promise to shoot some squirrels and provide some roasted peanuts for any of your local squirrels needing a little nutritional bonus!

Regards!

02-13-2016, 01:47 PM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 14 (100%)
Somebody, buy this lens plzzzzzz! I'm tired of dancing around.
(meditating) I don't need this lens, I don't, don't...
02-13-2016, 02:48 PM   #10
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 84 (100%)
Too excited

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I'm surprised too...this is a tried and true lens, still full of life and a joy awaiting some dedicated long lens shooter.

chiepapi -----Old Rupert is a trusting soul, understands karma, and sees that you've been around here a long time. Not near as active as old Rupert, but still...you are a Site Supporter and a Pentaxian.

No need to wait for your refund, if no one grabs this today, PM me and I'll make it easy for you to get it now and pay me later, on the credit of your credentials. You would have to promise to shoot some squirrels and provide some roasted peanuts for any of your local squirrels needing a little nutritional bonus!

Regards!
Couldn't wait for the day to end so a PM is on your way