Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2008, 09:43 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 30 (100%)
[SOLD] Winder ME II, Lenses, Filters & Cute Bears

The drawers are getting cluttered, and I need funds for further lens purchases, so buy early and buy often. It's for a good cause: My LBA!

To not clutter this space, I'll post one photo per item. You can find more photos, at a larger size, in this gallery.

Let's get started!

- Winder ME II - $50 - SOLD!

BNIB, if I ever saw one. Comes with instruction manual. I tested it and it works perfectly, it's the only time I've taken it out of the box. It provides auto film advance in single-shot mode, or continuous mode for 2 fps. Fits the following cameras: ME-F, ME Super, ME, MG, MV-1, superA, SuperProgram, programA, ProgramPlus, P5 and P50.

|-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-|

- Toyo Optics 28mm f/2.8 - $50

I'd say this lens is the definition of "sleeper". Wow. Seriously, I used this lens as a walk-around for a few months and it gave me some of my favourite shots. Both pics in my gallery were taken with it, and I also posted a few in this thread. The lens is about the same height as the FA 50mm but thinner and lighter; fits in any pocket. It focuses very close (see Roman Tangerine) for a 1:5 maximum reproduction ratio. Outside is in very good condidtion, and glass is perfect. Focusing and aperture rings are firm; you can focus it at hyperfocal and forget about it, it won't move. It includes both caps and I'll throw in a skylight filter if wanted.

|-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-|

- Tokina AT-X 35-70mm f/2.8 - $100 - SOLD!

The fabled AT-X line, Tokina's finest. This is an 'A' lens in every sense of the word. You can use all shooting modes and it will practically replace 3 primes, 35mm, 50mm and 70mm. It is sharp wide open, and with its long focusing throw (almost 180 degrees) it's easy to get the focus spot on. Construction is excellent, as with all Tokinas. The zoom ring is firm, with no creep, while the focus ring is smooth like butter. From what I gather, they were built like this so you could hold the zoom ring with 2-3 fingers and use just your index finger to focus. This lens is a true zoom, meaning that it retains focus throughout its focal range. To shoot at 35mm, you zoom in to 70mm, focus, and then zoom back out, assuring the most precise focus possible.

In the interest of full disclosure:
a) The aperture ring does not click when you turn it (because I lost the bearing, see b)), which wasn't an issue for me, as I always use it in the 'A' position, where it does lock without a problem.
b) There is a very small amount of shiny residue on the blades; they were oily and I cleaned them, leaving them 99% clean (and losing the aperture "click" bearing in the process ). I can assure you the aperture is snappy and not affected in any way.
c) When taking the photos of the lens, I inspected it and found a spot on one of the inner elements; it looks like dust to me and proved impossible to photograph. There is also a bit of regular dust, to be expected from a lens of this vintage. As you can imagine, none of this affected the pictures I was taking, or otherwise I would have noticed it earlier.

Comes in original box (I forgot to photograph it ) with instruction manual.

Here's a photo I like that I took with it:

- Gemini 28-75mm f/3.5-4.5 - $15

Haven't used this in ages, not a bad walk-around on a film body with a single action design. Looks almost new on the outside; glass is great and there is minimal dust that I can see inside. Focusing is smooth and it offers a 1:5 macro mode at 75mm. Comes with box and instruction manual. Includes both caps.

- Tokina AT-X 28-85mm f/3.5-4.5 - $50 - SOLD!

Another AT-X. Wider range at the expense of some speed, also with an 'A' setting. This is a quality walk-around that hasn't seen much use from me as I had the Tokina 28-70mm f/2.8-4.3. Although the outside looks a bit worn (the caps have seen better days), the inside is great, with no scratches and minimal dust. Both rings follow the same philosophy as its faster sister the 35-70mm f/2.8. The apertures do click on this one Includes both caps.

Here's a photo I took from a moving car:

- Vivitar 2x TC, PK and PK-A - $25 each - BOTH SOLD!

Two classic Vivitar 2x teleconverters are on offer here. One is K mount, while the other is KA. The reason they're the same price is because there is a problem with the PK-A version. It doesn't transmit the aperture value to the camera, but the camera does now it has an 'A' lens attached and the aperture can be controlled with the wheel-dial on the camera, you'll just have to remember how many clicks you turned so you know what aperture you're at I opened it and couldn't find anything wrong, but if anyone wants to try to fix it, go ahead. Worst case scenario, you have a PK TC. Each of them comes with its own pouch, and needless to say, the glass is in perfect condition.

Some shots taken with the TCs attached to a Cosina 135mm f/2.8 @ f/8. Left is PK-A with focus on the head patch; right is PK with focus on the eyes of the right bear. Are they cute or what? As with all pics, larger versions are available in this gallery.

- Cokin P Circular Polariser - $60

This is an authentic Cokin 'P' type circular polariser. Its seen very little use and is in like-new condition. It's made of glass and you'll need the Cokin filter holder to mount it on your lens. I think I might have one lying around; I'll include it if I find it. Hard plastic case included. I paid $95 for it new.

- Cokin A Filter Set - $50 - SOLD!

This is a set of the smaller size 'A' filters that Cokin produces. They were initially aimed at the small camera market, but they work perfectly with the DA 18-55mm, and can accommodate lenses up to 62mm in diameter. Read about the system here. They say it should not be used with lenses wider than 35mm-equiv., but the kit lens at 18mm (27mm-equiv.) doesn't vignette. I usually carry the 'A' around more than the 'P' system, as it's smaller and lighter, but I've decided to stick with one and so am letting the 'A' go. Just thinking about the extra size of the 'P' filters is making me think twice about selling this! OK, let me stay focussed. Here are the filters included in the pleather case (Cokin serial #'s in parentheses):

2 x holders
2 x lens adaptors (52mm and 62mm)
2 x cover caps

1 each of the following:

2 Blue 80A (020)
1/3 warm 81B (027)
Star effect (56)
Pastel 1 (086)
Gradual G2 (121)
Gradual blue (123)
Fog 1 (150)
Linear polariser (160)
Sunset 1 (197)
Sunset 2 (198)

- Tiffen Sky 1-A Filter 62mm - $10

What it says on the can. Made in the USA, in good shape, no scratches, metal construction.

- Spiratone Haze UV Coated Filter 62mm - $15

Single coated, made in Japan of metal construction. Also in good shape. Sorry, no pic

- Makinon 135mm f/2.8 with Macro Focussing - FREE! - SOLD!

I got this lens with stuck, not sticky, aperture blades. I opened it up to clean, and realised I was out of acetone, so I cleaned what I could with a bit of alcohol and closed it up. The blades were now sticky, not stuck, and it could be used, mostly wide open. When I got acetone and tried to open it up again, I failed So, if somebody wants to try to open it and clean up the blades, they are welcome to do so for the price of shipping. At the very least you can use it wide open. The macro operates by moving the front element forward; not the best method, but it's something.

Here's a pic of the cute bears taken with the lens:

Other than the aperture blades, the glass seems to be fine, except for a scratch in one of the rear elements, which doesn't appear in pictures. But hey, it's free! Caps are included.

Shipping Costs
  • US & Canada: $10 per item ($5 for the 62mm filters) + insurance if applicable.
  • Elsewhere in the World: Go here and calculate the cost to your country. Each package will be about 1kg (2.2lbs).

I require receipt confirmation whenever possible. If you don't want to pay for insurance, then I won't be held responsible for damaged goods. If you buy more than one item, you will save on shipping, as I'll put everything in one box. If within the US, I'll try to use the USPS flat rate boxes.

Payment

For US and Canada, I'd really appreciate a postal money order or cheque, to avoid the damn PayPal fees, but will accept PayPal if you twist my arm. For foreign buyers, it'll have to be PayPal only.

FAQ
  • Weren't the bears on sale?
    No, sorry. They hold much sentimental value for my wife and I.
  • So why did you include them in the title of the thread? You got my hopes up and I thought I'd be able to buy some bears...
    I apologise if I led you on, it was only a bit of forum humour!
  • It's that they're so darn cute, you know?
    Yeah, I know!
  • Why are you getting rid of all this stuff, anyway?
    Because I need to fund the purchase of a fast wide angle, which is likely to be the Sigma 24mm f/1.8.
  • But isn't that a monster of a lens?
    Yeah, it's huge compared to my dear Toyo 28mm, but when I need f/2, I really need it, so I'll have to carry The Beast (I don't have it yet, but it already got a nickname).
  • So you're a masochist, then.
    Not at all, but Pentax is refusing to offer an adequately fast lens in this focal range, so I have to go 3rd party, which is always bigger and heavier than Pentax.
  • Why don't you just buy what you want without selling all this stuff?
    You're not married, are you...
  • OK, OK, so what do I do if I don't like what you sent me?
    I have tried to describe these items as accurately as possible; I've also included plenty of photos. If you get an item and it's not as I described it, send it back and I will refund the purchase. However, I cannot refund shipping costs, so don't buy anything on a whim; buy it if you really want it and are going to use it.
  • Dude, all this stuff is garbage, you can't take any good photographs with this crap.
    I beg to differ. Most of my photos on Flickr were taken with "this crap". In fact, I recently got paid for some photos I took with a lens similar to the Tokina 28-85mm I'm selling. It's mostly the photographer, not the lens, mate!

If there are any other questions, go ahead and ask! And thanks for looking

Last edited by Miserere; 08-18-2008 at 08:50 AM.
07-07-2008, 08:28 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 23 (100%)
PM on the Cokin A filter set. Just read the remainder of the post, am okay with the USPS shipping. Thanks!
07-07-2008, 08:52 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
How much for the cute bears?
07-07-2008, 09:26 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
PM also sent.

07-07-2008, 10:01 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
How much for the cute bears?
You didn't read the FAQs, did you...?
07-07-2008, 10:30 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Oh... bummer. I.. just wanted the bears.
07-07-2008, 10:48 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Oh... bummer. I.. just wanted the bears.
Do note that they are not edible, and no pretzels would have been included.
07-08-2008, 10:17 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Payment pending on the Tokina 28-85mm and the Cokin filter set.

Much interest was expressed in the Cokin filters. I was secretly hoping nobody would want them so I could have an excuse to keep them. Maybe I should've priced them at $500

07-09-2008, 06:17 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Cokin filter set sold to knyghtfall!

Will ship tomorrow
07-09-2008, 06:20 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
C'mon guys, pick some of the other stuff up!

I'm surprised nobody wants the Tokina AT-X 35-70mm f/2.8. It's a fine piece of glass that's very rare in the used market, and a useful range for both film and digital.
07-09-2008, 08:57 AM   #11
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 23 (100%)
Thanks Miserere!

Up for a good seller! Incidentally was interested in the 35 - 70 /2.8, as I just sold my walkabout zoom lens. Problem is, I've got just about around 4 primes to cover that range, and I'm just too much of a primes person!
07-09-2008, 11:55 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by knyghtfall Quote
Problem is, I've got just about around 4 primes to cover that range, and I'm just too much of a primes person!
I know what you mean!

It's all going to be eBay fodder at this rate.
07-10-2008, 02:44 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Cokin filters are now on the way to their new home in Singapore
07-11-2008, 06:34 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sticky Macky has found a new home in NJ
07-13-2008, 06:33 PM   #15
Veteran Member