PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
DA 18-135 WR Zoom

Asking Price
210.00 USD

Item Location
Seattle, WA (United States)

Item Description
I've got some bad LBA and am offering up my DA 18-135 WR Zoom. I chose this lens as an option with my K5ii and am the original owner. I've gotten some great pictures with it and it is an amazing workhorse, but find myself shooting most of the time with either primes or a much longer (manual focus) zoom. It makes sense to let this one go to someone who will value it for it's versatility and IQ.

The DC autofocus is great, quiet and fast. No issues using it at a polite indoor event, like a piano recital. The Weather Resistance is key for a Pentax kit and it's amazingly small for a super zoom.

I think I've graded it conservatively. When I was photographing it for sale, I noticed a tiny mark on the front element. Might wipe off with lens paper or it might be a tiny ding, I'm not sure. I could probably get a macro photo of it if you wanted to see it, but it's too small to come out in the photos I took. Positive it will not effect picture quality.

It has the original hood and rear cap in perfect condition. The front cap is a good aftermarket one. I dropped the original one in a grate and replaced it the next day.

Were it not for those two issues, I would have rated it "Excellent".

I can ship in the US from work with negotiated rates and speed. Your $5 will get it to you within 48 hours of receiving PayPal. The last few I've sold have been faster than that. Unfortunately, I can not get that deal on shipping outside of US. If you would like for me to consider it, let's talk about it, but I won't be able to do it at that price.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
UPS or FedEx

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
I certify that the lens is functions as new and is accurately represented.

I plan to reinvest the money in a next lens, so I'd rather not undo the deal, once it's done, but I'll work with you if there is a problem and certainly would accept a return for material misrepresentation...which there won't be.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 03-14-16 at 10:51 AM ----------

Price for quick sale and have also posted it on local craigslist.

If you don't have a Weather Resistant lens for your Pentax dSLR or if it's time to upgrade from the kit lens, this is a great option.

Last edited by troika; 03-25-2016 at 02:35 PM.
03-16-2016, 03:12 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 14 (100%)
Original Poster
Okay, there are a few copies of this fine lens for sale on forums now, I'll price with the market. US Shipping for $5 will get it to you within 48 hours or sooner, on weekdays.

Lowering price to $210 for the lens. I'm happy to share photos taken with (I have hundreds of them in my Lightroom archive) or take some new ones if there is something you want to see.
03-18-2016, 11:51 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Bump for the weekend.
03-21-2016, 08:57 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
It's a wet spring here. Is it wet where you are? You need a weather resistant walk around lens and I need to spend more money chasing the dragon.

Bump to start the week.

03-23-2016, 03:09 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I looked for this thread when I posted, but just now found it. Enjoy:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/179869-da-1...at-can-do.html

---------- Post added 03-23-16 at 03:27 PM ----------

Here are some photos I have taken with this lens.

Last fall on a day where WR came in quite handy

Three from Last 4th of July

And a few from a trip to Bainbridge Island last summer.

I have hundreds more taken with this lens and can take new ones if you like. It's a fine lens, I'm just not a big super-zoom user and want to spend money on more specialized things...for some reason.

---------- Post added 03-24-16 at 06:22 PM ----------

Because I'm motivated, If you buy this lens between now and Friday March 25th at 2:00 PT, I will ship it to you in the US at my expense.

I'm traveling next week and so I won't be able to ship the lens then, so I've decided to try my luck with an ebay auction instead. They appear to be going for more there anyway, but I try to keep things in the family. I have it priced under PF sale history as is.

Okay, almost 700 views and no interest or inquiries. I'll suspend the listing while I'm traveling, since I couldn't ship anyway and may as well run an ebay auction that week. If I still have it after next week, then I'll reopen this post.

Last edited by troika; 03-25-2016 at 02:34 PM.
03-30-2016, 05:17 PM   #6
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
apologies...pm to wrong listing

Last edited by troutman; 03-30-2016 at 09:37 PM. Reason: my bad
03-30-2016, 06:40 PM   #7
Closed Account

Feedback Score: 33 (100%)
Great guy to work with in a sale -- highly recommended!