Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2016, 11:08 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Fa* 28-70 f2.8 SOLD!

...to a very happy and lucky dadipentak!

Thank you all so much; Pentax Forums; a place where dreams come true! Thank you, Adam! I'll be getting some new LIGHTER Pentax gear, and all my stuff is going to good Pentax-geek homes.

Awesome!

Cheers,
Cameron

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
FA* 28-70 F2.8

Asking Price
750.00 USD

Item Location
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Item Description
Own a LEGEND. Sharp as a tack, contrasty, amazing colour rendition, better than a LOT of primes, one of THE finest zoom lenses ever built. My workhorse for over 20 years. This one has seen a LOT of use but is optically perfect and mechanically sound, power zoom works (on bodies that support it). IT HAS DINGS, scratches, dents, chips and cracks on the body and hood - it is NOT pristine. If you are looking for that, please go somewhere else. This has been my best photographic friend for years, and will be sad to see it go.

PLEASE NOTE: These are NOT collector's item, meticulous, pristine samples of these lenses. These have seen a lot of use, professional and otherwise. These have hiked hundreds and hundreds of miles through the mountains with me. They have been treated VERY well, however, and are mechanically and optically perfect, but there are marks, scuffs, dings, and such on the bodies and hood of these lenses. If you are looking for pristine, collector's item lenses that are in immaculate shape, PLEASE LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE. These have been my professional photographic tools for many years, they have been treated with respect, and I would LOVE for them to go to a good home where they are being used and loved by an avid photographer, not sitting on a shelf.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
U.S, U.K, Canada, Australia

Shipping Charge
Included in North America. At Buyers expense in the rest of the world.

Shipping Services
UPS, Fedex, USPS, Canada Post

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
e-Transfers accepted. Certified Cheques or International Money orders must clear before items shipped. 3 days to accept item - return shipping via same method at buyers expense.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 04-30-2016 at 08:33 AM ----------

...this lens gets no love for some reason; I have made tens of thousands of dollars with it. Here's what it can do:

Outdoors, on a tripod, *ist D:

Studio, *ist D, 3x500 W/S flash units with soft boxes, umbrella; this shot got me the contract to do ALL the Taye drum advertising photography:

Natural light, handheld, with NO help (flash, reflectors), just the sun and a natural beauty:

CRAZY good, like a bucket full of primes. It needs a good home, preferably a full-frame home. I'd be VERY surprised if the full-frame, rebadged 24-70 Tamron is anywhere near this thing. It certainly does NOT have the coolness factor; Canikosony shooters cower in fear when you bring this baby out; 'Pentax makes THAT!!!??'.

Cheers,
Cameron

Last edited by Cambo; 04-30-2016 at 01:23 PM.
04-30-2016, 06:30 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 36 (100%)
Cameron, I sent you a PM about your sold items. Please read.