PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
F* 300 F4.5

Asking Price
900.00 USD

Item Location
Vancouver, BC (United States)

Item Description
Own a LEGEND. The highest rated lens on this site. Sharp, built like a TANK, contrasty, sharp, beautiful colour rendition, sharp, and, oh, yeah it's SHARP!!!! I am NOT the first owner who, unfortunately, put his/her social insurance number or something on the soft rubber part of this lens - you can see it in the second photo. It's hasn't bugged me for the 20+ years I have owned it, so if it bugs you, please don't buy it.

I recently moved, and I used to have the bag that came with this lens, which had a shoulder strap. I will hunt for it and, if and when I find it, I will get it to the owner. IT IS NOT A CONDITION OF THIS SALE. It MIGHT be lost forever, but I think it's here somewhere. Also, you should try to buy this fabulous F* lens with the F series 1.7 teleconverter I also have for sale; they make a wonderful pair, work perfectly together, look great, and yield a wonderful 510mm lens (765 equivalent on APSC).

PLEASE NOTE: These are NOT collector's item, meticulous, pristine samples of these lenses. These have seen a lot of use, professional and otherwise. These have hiked hundreds and hundreds of miles through the mountains with me. They have been treated VERY well, however, and are mechanically and optically perfect, but there are marks, scuffs, dings, and such on the bodies and hood of these lenses. If you are looking for pristine, collector's item lenses that are in immaculate shape, PLEASE LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE. These have been my professional photographic tools for many years, they have been treated with respect, and I would LOVE for them to go to a good home where they are being used and loved by an avid photographer, not sitting on a shelf.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
U.S, U.K, Canada, Australia

Shipping Charge
Included in selling price in North America. At owners expense everywhere else.

Shipping Services
UPS, Fedex, USPS, Canada Post

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
e-Transfers accepted. Certified Cheques or International Money orders must clear before items shipped. 3 days to accept item - return shipping via same method at buyers expense.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by Cambo; 04-30-2016 at 01:52 PM.
04-29-2016, 11:49 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 14 (100%)
Ohhh, wow.
Yeah I yearn for this lens right here...

Do you take kidneys for payment?
04-29-2016, 01:09 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Original Poster
Yes!

But only if they're YOURS, and I get to remove them!

Cheers,
Cameron
04-29-2016, 05:56 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 19 (100%)
An absolutely awesome lens. I have it and would never let it go....if anyone wants an incredible 300mm lens..this is your chance.

04-29-2016, 08:44 PM   #5

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Noon question. Why would one choose this over a DA*300? Not trying to troll but really interested to know the advantages of this over DA300. Thanks

04-29-2016, 08:46 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
I have this lens. It is without a doubt Pentax's finest telephoto. It's an FA 31 in 300mm length. I know because I own them both
04-30-2016, 07:35 AM - 2 Likes   #7
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Original Poster
Answers

QuoteOriginally posted by siva.ss.kumar Quote
Noon question. Why would one choose this over a DA*300? Not trying to troll but really interested to know the advantages of this over DA300. Thanks
This one is, for real, full frame; is the DA*? I'm not sure. It's the original optical formula; it's built like a tank; the tripod mount is high enough that you can spin your camera 360 without budging the tripod (good for framing wildlife without making a disturbance, etc.); it is quite a bit SMALLER than the DA*300; the lens hood is permanently built in, so you will never forget it, and retracts out of the way when you don't need it or are trying to put on filters, etc., with your one free hand (try that with a removable lens hood while freezing your nuts off in a stream or lake trying to get the shot without disturbing the bird, grizzly, etc.); it's a collector's item; it goes amazingly well with the F Series Teleconverter that I also have for sale here, making a fabulous 510mm combo, and even LONGER on APSC (765mm F8); and it takes pictures like these:

Handheld on a K5:

On a tripod with an *istD:

I had to wade waste-deep in the freezing waters of Lynn Creek in North Vancouver for this shot; on a tripod with an *ist D and a Metz MZ40ii flash with diffuser;

...and, most importantly, it was formerly owned by ME! I rest my case.

Cheers,
Cameron

Last edited by Cambo; 04-30-2016 at 07:50 AM.
04-30-2016, 03:36 PM   #8
Des
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
This one is, for real, full frame; is the DA*? I'm not sure. It's the original optical formula; it's built like a tank; the tripod mount is high enough that you can spin your camera 360 without budging the tripod (good for framing wildlife without making a disturbance, etc.); it is quite a bit SMALLER than the DA*300; the lens hood is permanently built in, so you will never forget it, and retracts out of the way when you don't need it or are trying to put on filters, etc., with your one free hand (try that with a removable lens hood while freezing your nuts off in a stream or lake trying to get the shot without disturbing the bird, grizzly, etc.); it's a collector's item; it goes amazingly well with the F Series Teleconverter that I also have for sale here, making a fabulous 510mm combo, and even LONGER on APSC (765mm F8); and it takes pictures like these:
And it weighs 880g v 1070g.
And you can sleep soundly knowing for sure that the AF will work tomorrow, and for years to come.

Wow that was a quick sale. Congratulations to buyer and seller - WIN-WIN.

04-30-2016, 04:01 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
I bought one of them to go with my SFXn round about 1990 - and it was stolen about 10 years later in South Africa - I don't think I ever fully realised how good it was at the time - I wanted the greater reach of the 400mm and didn't use it much latterly, but I'd love to have it to use with digital now - great lens.