PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K5IIS body with Pentax battery grip

Asking Price
500.00 USD

Item Location
Tacoma, Wa (United States)

Item Description
I have an extra K5IIS body with BG4 Battery Grip in EXCELLENT condition. I have gone full frame as of last Fall with the new Leica M-P 240, and am about to pick up a Fuji X-T1 system to lighten my load. I am keeping one of my IIs bodies and some lenses though for certain types of shooting. I am finding it silly to lug a heavy load around when I shoot when there are lighter more compact systems that perform as well or better than an SLR. That said, a Pentax K5 type body with a prime can be one hell of a compact, light system. I tend to use my big DA* lens on it, hence the weight issue. I am not ready to part with my DA* 60-250 lens, however.

I take very good care of my equipment. There may be some dust on the sensor (which is just part of routine) but I cannot find any but the very slightest wear marks on the body, and base of the grip. I have had a screen protector on the display since new. The camera has been sent to Pentax for service once or twice to have the sensor cleaned vs my attempting to do this myself. Although I do use a rocket blower. In any case, I am including the box, battery charger, battery, a bosstrap cross body strap....which by the way is one of the most comfortable, functional, and secure straps I have ever used. Also have the official Pentax strap which was never used. I may have some of the usb and hdmi cables that came with it.....(does anyone use those?)

This is a fantastic system for the beginner or advanced shooter that should be used and enjoyed vs sitting around in a bag like it is now. (yes I do power it one regularly and remove the batteries).

I believe that the Pentax K5IIs body will become a sought after classic because it is a unique system capable of very high resolution in in one of the sexiest, most rugged and easy handling bodies available. I have been so impressed with the IIS bodies, I didn't even consider a K3 or K3II, for reasons many other Pentax shooters understand very well. This is why I am not selling my new IIS body.

The body is shown with my DA70 attached, which is one hell of a lens by the way. I am not selling the lens.

Below is the exif data from Pentax Forums which shows manufacture date, shutter count, etc.

I will be happy to include a bag or holster with the body if the purchaser wants one. A newbie might need one.

I'll include some photos of the body, and shots taken with it using the DA70.

Pentax Forum Exif Results
Your photo's metadata indicates the following:
Camera PENTAX K-5 II s
Manufature Date 2012:11:21
Shutter Count 35,563

Read more at: Check Camera Shutter Count and Manufacture Date

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
ups

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
If camera defective it may be returned within 3 days of delivery to buyer. It is working perfectly as of right now.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Nexus 5X  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Nexus 5X  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Nexus 5X  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Nexus 5X  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 

Last edited by olypdd; 04-30-2016 at 02:42 PM.
04-30-2016, 01:11 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Original Poster
Damn smartphone camera. Ok, let's try that shot again shall we.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Nexus 5X  Photo 
04-30-2016, 01:17 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Another shot with DA70.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
04-30-2016, 02:16 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Shot from Tuscany

Shot with this same body using a Sigma 17-50, f2.8 with circ Marumi Exus polarizer. This is the road and fields where they filmed scenes for the movie "Gladiator".

Attached Images

05-03-2016, 11:49 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Outstanding backup body for K mount.
05-06-2016, 03:41 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Just did my first shoot with my new Fuji X-T1 system and wow, what a shooter it is. The jpeg output is amazing. There is no way I am going to go back to lugging a heavy SLR around and I predict that new K1 is going wear some folks out. This K5IIs is more than tolerable with the right strap and a nice comfy one is included.
05-08-2016, 05:52 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Time for a bump.
05-13-2016, 01:03 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Original Poster
A great back up body or primary for a newbie.