PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Free: Pentax K1000

Asking Price
0.00 USD

Item Location
AZ (United States)

Item Description
This K1000 came with a lens that I recently bought. I'm giving it away for free, as-is, as long as you cover shipping. It appears to be an early production model as evidenced by the little hump behind the serial number.

The camera itself has prominent signs of use, including scuffing and scratches on most outer edges. There don't seem to be any dents on the body, however, which is a good indicator that it might still be perfectly usable.

The mirror box and film compartment are clean, but new foam is needed. There's some dust on the focusing screen, but apart from that the viewfinder is fine. I tested the shutter mechanism and it seems to work correctly. I did not test the light meter.

The ISO selector is not damaged; in the photo below it simply wasn't positioned correctly.

The trim/cover for the shutter count indicator is missing, but the indicator works as it should.

TD;LR: the camera is beaten up but seems to be fully-functional. (lens not included)

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Poor

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Actual

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
No shipping refunds, as-is listing.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-02-2016, 07:20 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
I already have one so I'll leave this for someone else. But every photographer should shoot one of these a couple of times in life. A fun and functional little piece of simplicity.
05-02-2016, 07:35 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 75 (100%)
nice of you Adam
05-02-2016, 08:05 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Agreed, If you have not been able to play with one of these. Have a crack

05-02-2016, 08:14 PM   #5
Lens Buying Addict

Feedback Score: 124 (99%)
Start a 'Kaptivating K-mount' traveling K1000 thread?
05-02-2016, 08:34 PM   #6

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
So, you're the original owner?
05-02-2016, 08:54 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 12 (100%)
I've sent postage to Adam, so the camera's coming to my house. But monochrome's idea is awesome!

Here's my proposal...

Let's resurrect this classic first. Pledge your donation here, and when we make it to about $100, I'll ship it to Eric for a full makeover.

I'll shoot the first roll, and then send it to whoever pledges the first donation. Then, each donor takes a turn before we open it up to everyone.

What do you say? Lets beautify this thing and send it around the world!