Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2016, 07:52 AM   #1

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Takumar 200mm f5.6, Pentax DA 17-70mm f4 AL SDM

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Takumar 200mm f5.6, NO LONGER FOR SALE, Pentax K 28mm f3.5 SOLD, Pentax DA 17-70mm f4 AL SDM

Asking Price
75,125, 130 USD

Item Location
Rhode Island (United States)

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
Included

Shipping Services
USPS priority mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
All items sold as-is with no returns.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Item Description
Well my K30 has succumbed to the failed aperture control motor , therefore my DA 17-70mm is not unusable anymore and now for sale. In order to cover the money I've spent on new primes with aperture rings (Samyang 35mm and 8mm fisheye!!) I'm also selling two older Pentax primes. Shipping and Paypal fees included in the prices of the lenses, if you buy multiple lenses I'll subtract some $ for the savings in shipping. Lenses are sold as-is and sorry no returns. Please PM me with questions, thanks!

** I am willing to ship outside of the U.S. but we would have to figure out actual shipping costs.**

DA 17-70mm f4 AL SDM, $130

Bought from a forum member a year or so ago? I was looking for a "vacation" lens for a trip to Disney with the family. This lens was EXACTLY what I needed, I got tons of great shots with it and it has basically been my do-everything lens ever since. I looked at recent reviews of the lens and read reports of AF problems. This lens does sometimes hunt around but I never would have classified it as a problem, I noticed it happening most frequently in low light situations and chalked it up to that being the reason. In the interest of full disclosure, it's the only AF lens I've ever owned, so I don't have anything to compare it too, maybe relative to other lenses it is poor performing, but again, never was an issue with me. I'm guessing the prices of this lens are so low because of the complaints regarding the AF, frankly I think this is an amazing lens for the apparent market price!

Lens is very very clean cosmetically, a couple of specs of dust inside that doesn't have any impact on image quality. Everything works smooth, clean and as it should, the zoom does creep when slung over your sholder. Comes with Hoya UV filter (not pictured...), generic front and rear caps.

SMC Pentax-DA 17-70mm F4 AL [IF] SDM Reviews - DA Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

17-70 2 by , on Flickr

17-70 1 by , on Flickr

17-70 3 by , on Flickr

17-70 4 by , on Flickr

Taken with this lens, 17mm, iso 250, f4, 1/40

01 resort cave by , on Flickr

SMC Pentax K28mm f3.5 SOLD

Bought locally, the 2nd lens I've owned with the K30. I was looking for a quality wider angle lens that was comparable to the M 50mm f1.7 I loved so much. This lens provides the quality but I've constantly struggled with the 28mm focal length... I've taken some really nice pictures with this lens, but it was never really a go-to lens for me.

It's in fantastic condition, cosmetically and functionally. A few specs of dust on the inside, zero impact on image quality. Aperture ring smooth and snappy, perfect. Focus ring is smooth smooth smooth. Comes with Pentax caps and Rocketfish polarizing filter (not pictured...).

https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/SMC-Pentax-K-28mm-F3.5-Lens.html

k28 1 by , on Flickr

k28 2 by , on Flickr

k28 3 by , on Flickr

Taken with this lens, I didn't note the aperture setting, but 200 iso 1/80.

67 avery at sunset by , on Flickr

Takumar 200mm f5.6 M42 mount$75

I bought this lens a year or so ago from Ebay, and well, I just never used it... Almost 100% of my photography is chasing the family around and this much of a telephoto just doesn't work.

It's in great shape, here are the mentionables. A bit of the black finish has been worn off the front edge of the hood, only a spec or two of dust visible on the inside, the inside lens coating shows a tiny bit of deterioration. I snapped a few photos with this lens when I first got it, noticed no image quality issues. Aperture ring has a great snap/click to it, a very very very slight sensation of grit when you put your ear to the aperture ring at the narrow end, focus is smooth. Comes with original caps, metal hood and case, case straps are leather and I wouldn't call them brittle, but they aren't supple either. I would like to keep the M42 to K mount adapter I have, just in case I ever purchase another M42 mount lens, but if including the adapter will seal the deal I'd consider it.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/Takumar-Tele-Takumar-200mm-F5.6.html

Tak 200 4 by , on Flickr

Tak 200 3 by , on Flickr

Tak 200 1a by , on Flickr

Tak 200 1b by , on Flickr

Tak 200 1 by , on Flickr

Tak 200 2 by , on Flickr

Last edited by jeantarrou; 05-24-2016 at 11:21 AM. Reason: K28 sold.
05-12-2016, 01:11 PM   #2

Original Poster
Bump. If you're on the fence please feel free to make me an offer, selling on Ebay is pretty much a last resort.

---------- Post added 05-13-16 at 12:16 PM ----------

K28 is sold and will be shipped tomorrow.
05-18-2016, 05:04 AM   #3

Original Poster
Bump, I'm really motivated to sell the 17-70, I can't use it!
05-24-2016, 11:20 AM   #4

Original Poster
BUMP

Deep price reduction on the 17-70 $130!!!, the Tak is no longer for sale.

05-24-2016, 05:48 PM   #5

PM sent.