Free Shipping CONUS

What you get

Tamron SP AF 90mm F2.8 Di Macro
Original Tamron lens hood
Original Tamron front lens cap
Original Tamron rear lens cap
Original box and paperwork

Condition

Glass, body, and aperture are great. No marks, no haze, no fungus, no oil. The mount and contact points look good.
The focus ring moves just as new, as does the focus clutch. The aperture ring is clicky. There is one very slight, barely noticeable sign of wear on the front of the body near the lens hood bayonet. It is the slightest scratch (visible in pictures). The rest of the body is pristine and looks like new.

Why I'm selling it

My macro equipment has changed over the years, and I need to raise some money to buy a telephoto lens.

My impressions

This lens was my first dedicated 1:1 macro lens. At the time I knew nothing about macro, and literally from the first pic I took with it, my photography world had changed. Macro quickly became my favorite type of photography, not because it was the most fun nor the most gratifying, but because it was so damn easy to produce amazing (to me) pictures with this lens.
Though this lens became my work horse, I babied it. Probably because it was my photographic bread and butter.

Here are some of the photos I took with the lens...

These larger and more...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gmtookthem/albums/72157668253463505/with/16247853057/

About the lens

Full Frame Compatible. K-1 Compatible.

What this lens has that the Pentax equivalent, the D FA Macro 100mm F2.8 WR does NOT have...

When a lens has to be able to focus from infinity all the way down to 1:1 macro, it can take a long time for the AF to focus. This focus limiter allows you to set the lens to focus at normal distances or at macro distances, decreasing the time it takes for the AF to hunt and lock focus.

The aperture ring allows you to use cheap extension tubes (a few bucks on ebay/amazon) to extend the magnification power of the lens beyond what the lens possesses alone. Without the aperture ring, you wouldn't be able to select your aperture while using tubes or bellows, etc. The aperture ring is the first step into the larger (smaller ) world of macro.
The lens also has an auto aperture mode like other lenses made for digital.

The front element is recessed deep into the body, making use of the lens hood almost redundant. When you're working at macro distances in nature, a lens hood can be a real hindrance. I'm a stickler for using lens hoods, but didn't use it once for the images of mine I deemed good enough to publish.

It also has a big rubber focus ring grip and a focus clutch. The clutch allows you to disengage the focus ring from the AF system, allowing you to hold the ring grip without it spinning in your hand. Stillness is key for nailing macro shots.

Here are examples of what others have done with this lens...
https://www.flickr.com/groups/tamron_90mm_macro/pool/

And lastly, here are the reviews from forum members. The lens has an overall rating of 9.33 out of 10!
Tamron SP AF 90mm F2.8 Di Macro Lens Reviews - Tamron Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

Shipping

Shipping to the continental United States is free. For international shipping info, please PM me.

Payment

is my preferred method of payment. It offers the same protections and convenience as PayPal but they charge sellers (me) far less in processing fees.

is acceptable. I pay the processing fees.

About me

I have bought and sold many items successfully on the forum and ebay with the feedback to prove it. If you have any questions or requests, please ask.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
U.S, U.K, Canada, Australia

Shipping Charge
Free US, PM for international

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Shipping to the continental United States is free. For international shipping info, please PM me.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 05-13-16 at 02:19 PM ----------

Sale pending.

Last edited by geomez; 06-28-2017 at 11:38 PM.