Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2016, 09:01 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
Spotmatic SP + Macro-Takumar 50mm f/4 Preset 1:1 Lens w/ Original Box + Macro Extras

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Asahi-Pentax Spotmatic SP + Pentax Macro-Takumar 50mm f/4 Preset 1:1 Lens (EX++ in Original Box) + Honeywell-Pentax Extension Tubes + Asahi-Pentax Microscope Adapter

Asking Price
350.00 USD

Item Location
Tampa (United States)

Item Description
Spring is here and it's time to move on and get rid of my unused film equipment. With a heavy heart I am selling my most prized Pentax possession, the Macro-Takumar 50mm 1:1 preset lens, EX++, in original box. Yep, all ORIGINAL with branded Asahi Pentax styrofoam, manuals, case, strap, metal cap, filter, etc. This lens sat in storage for several decades, and is itching to be used (or added to a collection if that's more your thing). Blades and grip are pristine, dust is nearly nonexistent, focusing smooth. I was hard pressed to find any imperfections, but I know it has been mounted at least once due to the slight ring on the bottom (see pics). Still, I have never seen another copy of this lens in like new condition, nor have I ever seen it with the original box. Included in this package is a new set of Honeywell Pentax Auto Extension Tubes, also with original box and still wrapped in plastic, and an Asahi-Pentax Microscope Adapter for macro work in the science lab! I'm open to offers but the pricing takes into account the age (1964-1966) and rarity of this macro box set. Throwing in a good working condition Pentax Spotmatic SP film body. Thanks for looking!

This lens is one of the most artistic manual lenses that I've ever tried (second perhaps only to the 8-element Super-Tak 50mm f/1.4). It has a very unique star shape bokeh at ~f8 which fuels creativity. Here's some examples of what this baby can do, taken with a different, beat-up copy of this same lens.

Star bokeh:

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Like New

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
Included in price.

Shipping Services
USPS Priority

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by cafazucar; 05-18-2016 at 08:17 PM.
05-15-2016, 09:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
Impressive
05-16-2016, 01:45 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
Original Poster
Thanks for saying so! I am quite fond of it, but I have to let it go so I can fund other more pressing matters