PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax-a 50mm 1.7 with metal hood and caps

Asking Price
50.00 USD

Item Location
Montreal (Canada)

Item Description
I purchased many film cameras in the past 6 months (I now have 6 or 7 working Pentax MX... I fall in love with it and couldn't resist buying most of the one I saw for sale locally, in fear of them being left unused for the rest of their lives...!!). Most of those cameras came with lenses, so I do have a little extra fast 50s, so I figured I'd offer them here.

1. Pentax-a 50mm 1.7 with front and rear cap and anall metal aftermarket hood + matching center pinch cap

Asking price : 50USD + shipping.

Shipping is a flat rate of 10USD to anywhere in Canada and 15$ anywhere in the US. Worldwide, contact me for a quote (very cheap if you don't ming waiting a month, otherwise, can be quite pricey).

Please pardon the pictures, those are quick snapshots using my iPhone, but don't hesitate to contact me if you want a closer look of a part of the lens.

I'd rate this lens as a 9/10, with near mint cosmetic condition and near mint optics. I can see some light dust inside the lens when held at certain angle and while looking through it, but certainly nothing unusual for such an old lens.
There are probably some very faint hairline scratches on the front and or rear element, however, I did not see any under normal overhead lamp and at different angles.

The lens hood works on APSC and FF as far as I know. I've used the lens a lot on my film Pentax body using the hood and I never noticed any pronounced vignetting. However, I've to scan my negatives, although I did quickly look at them on a light table with a magnifier and they looked great.

My copy seems to perform as most of the reviews here state, being very sharp, even wide open, and providing nice bokeh as well as good contrast. Focusing is smooth and very uniform across the whole range. The aperture clicks at every step.
I'm selling because I have the Pentax-f 50mm 1.7 that also has an aperture ring (so I can use it on my film bodies) and now two Pentax-m 50mm 1.4 (I'll be selling one soon also).

You can see all the pictures here (10 pictures) : https://mega.nz/#F!cNZ2DLaY!Lal2fmM4YgCF2UgB8Hj6JQ

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS - Canada Post

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Item may be returned if significantly not as described.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 05-20-16 at 11:07 AM ----------

Sold. Thank you everyone.