Item for Sale
Early (optical best) Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 APO EX

Asking Price
340.00 USD

Item Location
Austin, TX (United States)

Item Description
Early (optical best) Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 APO EX

This is the earlier version, optical performance is better than the later Macro version, so Sigma went back to the same optical formula on the latest HSM version.

Sharp from 70mm to 200mm, even at 2.8!

Condition:
• Lens barrel has a lot of abrasions. a little damage on the filter ring but a filter can be mounted smoothly.

Just now, when I inspect the lens again, I saw some light haze on one of internal element. Looks like smudge of cleaning strips, mostly on the outer area, center is clean. I lowered the selling price accordingly. No fungus or scratches on the glass or coating. Some small dust, but nothing to worry about. Surprisingly, there is a short white cotton string inside! I really have no idea how it found a way into there. Maybe from a camera bag. Good thing is, the string is heavier than a dust and it always stays at the bottom, portrait or landscape, never in the way of light and never gets into the focusing or zoom mechanisms. It has been like that for years never caused any problem. It is right under the front glass. Maybe you can take it off?

I know the screw looks wired on Photo #2, but the screw is on the barrel, at its appropriate place, not in the middle of glass.

• Zoom is a little stiffer.

• Mount had a little play when I bought it. I sent to a camera store for repair and it came back a little too tight. I live with it, since it is better than too loss for a relative heavy lens.

• Auto Focus is fast and accurate.

• The aperture blades are oil-free and move freely.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Fair

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$15. PM for international shipping

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
I try my best to described the lens's condition and hope no negative surprise on buyer's side.
I will take return only if the lens is not as described. Contact me within 3 days please.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by grahame; 05-27-2016 at 09:14 AM.
05-26-2016, 08:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 149 (100%)
Didn't know this lens worth so much now
05-26-2016, 08:40 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 136 (99%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Didn't know this lens worth so much now
Was that you sold me the lens on bay a few years ago? :-)
The mount had issue and caused lazy aperture. Had to send it to camera store to drill the stripped screws (wrong size) out and get the mount repaired. precision camera charged me $140.
was the haze there before you handed it to me? I didn't notice it.

--- Now we know better about the history of this lens :-)
05-26-2016, 08:45 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by grahame Quote
Was that you sold me the lens on bay a few years ago? :-)
The mount had issue and caused lazy aperture. Had to send it to camera store to drill the stripped screws (wrong size) out and get the mount repaired. precision camera charged me $140.
was the haze there before you handed it to me? I didn't notice it.

--- Now we know better about the history of this lens :-)
Really? I didn't know I sold this lens before

Anyway, what I meant was this in your post:

QuoteQuote:
Asking Price
3400.00 USD

05-26-2016, 08:48 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 136 (99%)
Original Poster
Ha, Thank you. I just corrected it. - I wish the lens can go at this price.
I thought you were the seller on ebay, and was surprised to see I am selling the lens at similar price as I paid after years of usage. :-)
05-26-2016, 09:01 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by grahame Quote
Ha, Thank you. I just corrected it. - I wish the lens can go at this price.
I thought you were the seller on ebay, and was surprised to see I am selling the lens at similar price as I paid after years of usage. :-)
I had the lens before, but can't remember how and where I sold it. It's been way too long. I do remember it's a great lens which took very sharp photos w/ smooth bokeh. This was one of the first pro level lens I had.