PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sigma 50-500mm OS HSM "BigmOS" + Sidekick

Asking Price
875.00 USD

Item Location
Toronto (Canada)

Item Description
After two years of rarely using this monster zoom, it's time for me to get out of the long reach game. This is the most recent, optically stabilized (what you see is stable!), HSM version. Excellent condition, since I bought it new and have rarely used it. Glass is flawless (just some dust on the outside in the photos), everything works well, and I've rarely been disappointed with the photos from it. The optical stabilization makes framing at 500mm so much easier than relying on the SR. I'm including a real Wimberley Sidekick and arca-style lens plate with the lens, because it makes using this lens (and any other collared lens) entirely effortless on a tripod.

Sale price includes:
  • Wimberley Sidekick (makes a gimbal head out of a regular ball head)
  • 100mm Arca-style lens plate (to mount the lens on the Sidekick)
  • Sigma 50-500mm with box, papers, accessories

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
U.S, U.K, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Botswana, Vatican City

Shipping Charge
Free in Canada, $25 to US, anywhere else, just ask!

Shipping Services
CanadaPost trackable

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Here are the photos:

In case you don't know how a sidekick works, the sharp end clamps onto a ball head that is in the 90 drop slot, and the upper clamp holds onto a lens foot (with plate) with the collar can be rotated to the side. At this point, the weight of the lens is centered over the tripod (no tipping) and the friction of the rotating upper clamp, combined with the panning base of the head, allows the lens to be pointed nearly anywhere, with speed and stability.

Shot at 500mm/F8, through haze, with a K-5 (so AA filtered). Not ideal, but gives you an idea:

Last edited by panoguy; 06-19-2016 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Price adjustment
06-19-2016, 12:28 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 57 (100%)
Original Poster
Bump, because it was brought to my attention (ahem) that some can find this lens "brand new for $1k." But this one includes a gimbal for collared lenses!
06-19-2016, 01:26 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
I have never seen one new for that. This is a great deal from someone wanting to get into wildlife or get past 300mm. I have the same set up and really enjoy it.
06-19-2016, 03:33 PM   #4
RDP

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
PM sent