Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2016, 12:01 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
Pentax K-5 16.3MP Digital SLR (Black) | SMC DA 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL Lens | DBG4 Grip

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K-5 16.3MP Digital SLR (Black) | SMC DA 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL Lens | DBG4 Grip

Asking Price
595USD

Item Location
Adelaide (Australia)

Item Description
Pentax K5 16.3MP DSLR Camera in excellent condition (currently just 7,258 shutter actuations).

I bought the camera with DBG4 grip from a Toronto based owner (and forum member - can't find his user name now though) in late 2012. He had 2 and was selling one. It arrived in perfect condition and I was thrilled with the performance (I was upgrading from a K10D). It was my go to camera for about 6 months and I seriously loved the images produced with my DA18-250mm lens among others.

Late 2013, along came my silver K3 and I became a somewhat conflicted photographer. The K3 is excellent also and I would never look back, but I have alwats been reluctant to part with the K5, thinking up until now that I may use it a bit more.

Reality however, and an empty pocket has now set in as I have just bought a beautiful K1 and assorted accessories.

I know you all know the camera, but anyway:

The Pentax K-5 DSLR was developed using the Pentax K-7 as its base; the K-5 inherits the user-friendly operation, array of advanced features and compact, lightweight body of its predecessor, yet it is more resourceful with its high-speed, low-noise CMOS image sensor and high-performance PRIME II imaging engine.

The continuous shooting mode has a maximum speed of approximately seven images per second. It also offers a sensitivity range between ISO 80 and ISO 51200 (when expanded via a custom function) and Full HD-proportion movie recording at 1920 x 1080 pixels.

Other improvements over the K-7 are a faster autofocusing speed and an upgraded HDR (High Dynamic Range) function now usable in hand-held shooting.

The K-5 features a new-generation, wide-frame SAFOX IX+ autofocus system with 11 sensor points (with nine cross-type sensors positioned in the middle). The AF system has completely redesigned optics, and factors the light source at the time of shooting into its calculations so as to improve the accuracy of autofocus operation. It also offers a choice of shutter-release options - between focus priority and release priority in the AF.S (single) advance mode, or between focus priority and speed priority in the AF.C (continuous) advance mode.

The K-5 sensor is estimated to be 2-3 stops more sensitive than that of its predecessor, the K-7, meaning that a K-5 photo taken at ISO 6400 will look about as grainy than one taken at ISO 800 with the K-7.

Camera comes with:

Pentax DBG4 Battery Grip in excellent condition

and,

SMC Pentax DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Zoom Lens, also lightly used, in excellent condition and free from scratches, dust, fungus and other defects etc.
I would prefer to sell the combination as a package, but might be prepared to sell the body and grip separately. Ask for a price.

I am also prepared to ship worldwide, subject to pricing for the destination and shipping choice.

Please PM me with any questions.

Thanks.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Mint

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
subject to location - ask for quote

Shipping Services
as agreed

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Return accepted only if not as described and immediate contact is made with me upon receipt of item. Buyer to pay any return shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E6883  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E6883  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E6883  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E6883  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E6883  Photo 

Last edited by frankoz; 07-09-2016 at 06:51 PM.
07-05-2016, 04:13 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump

07-05-2016, 10:19 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
How much would you sell just the vertical grip for?
07-06-2016, 08:23 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by martin.fox Quote
How much would you sell just the vertical grip for?
Hi Martin, I'm reluctant to split camera and grip at this time. I have seen the DBG4 grip here in other adds if that is all you are seeking. Rgds Frankoz

07-09-2016, 06:51 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump!
07-21-2016, 08:14 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump!