Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2016, 03:31 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 25 (100%)
Looking for a Defect AF 540 FGZ Flash

I have one already that I use for birding, and having a flash extender put lots of pressure to the foot assembly

recently, I found that the foot assembly, which is attached to the body of the flash by 4 small screws, has lost 2 screws, and one corner is broken, so the assembly is not very solid and I can't anymore carry it like I did in the field for birding...

so I'd like to find a defective or dead AF540FGZ flash just to recuperate the foot assemby to exchange it with mine... (not sure my explanation is clear, I'll post some photos later)

Actually, this is the part I am looking for, but at that price, for just the assembly, I find it's a bit steep...:
Pentax AF 540FGZ Flash Shoe Part Assy | eBay

another option would be here: Pentax Genuine Flash Shoe Assembly AF540 FGZ Flash Replacement Spare Parts | 65864-0-y83 | uscamera.com6

but if I can have a whole flash (defect) for about the same price, I'd prefer that...

Also exploring solution in that thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/125-flashes-lighting-studio/44476-fixing-...-hot-shoe.html

Last edited by Weevil; 07-06-2016 at 03:46 PM.
07-07-2016, 06:29 AM - 1 Like   #2
Marketplace Reseller

Feedback Score: 74 (99%)
I actually bought one of those assemblies from that same guy on ebay and was able to talk him down to $40 shipped. Note, though, that it didn't include the screws.
07-11-2016, 03:26 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Weevil Quote
I have one already that I use for birding, and having a flash extender put lots of pressure to the foot assembly

recently, I found that the foot assembly, which is attached to the body of the flash by 4 small screws, has lost 2 screws, and one corner is broken, so the assembly is not very solid and I can't anymore carry it like I did in the field for birding...

so I'd like to find a defective or dead AF540FGZ flash just to recuperate the foot assemby to exchange it with mine... (not sure my explanation is clear, I'll post some photos later)

Actually, this is the part I am looking for, but at that price, for just the assembly, I find it's a bit steep...:
Pentax AF 540FGZ Flash Shoe Part Assy | eBay

another option would be here: Pentax Genuine Flash Shoe Assembly AF540 FGZ Flash Replacement Spare Parts | 65864-0-y83 | uscamera.com6

but if I can have a whole flash (defect) for about the same price, I'd prefer that...

Also exploring solution in that thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/125-flashes-lighting-studio/44476-fixing-...-hot-shoe.html
I have a dead AF540FGZ that had a battery leak and corroded the main board, now all it does is flash the modelling light. Pentax Aust said it was not viable to repair. All parts other than the battery terminals and main board are good. I am in Australia so standard shipping will be about $25 AUD but you can have it for $50AUD delivered. PM me if you are interested.
07-11-2016, 07:16 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 25 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by macronaut Quote
I have a dead AF540FGZ that had a battery leak and corroded the main board, now all it does is flash the modelling light. Pentax Aust said it was not viable to repair. All parts other than the battery terminals and main board are good. I am in Australia so standard shipping will be about $25 AUD but you can have it for $50AUD delivered. PM me if you are interested.
Yes I'd be interested, PM coming...