PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax SMC 50mm K f/1.2

Asking Price
350.00 USD

Item Location
Dallas, TX (United States)

Item Description
This is it. The legendary f/1.2, which is the largest aperture range that Pentax has ever made in a 50mm lens. It's a beast. Its bokeh and low-light abilities are well worthy of its reputation. But it's way too much lens for me, and its totally wasted on me for my style of shooting. I've shot it at f/8 a few times! The HORROR!!!

This copy is the "K" version. Obviously it is a fully manual lens - manual focus, manual aperture control through the ring.

I'm not the original owner - I rescued this from a used lens case in Houston on a whim. For its age, it's incredibly clean, and I've coddled it as long as I've had it. The front and rear elements are clear and free from discolorations or fungus (as far as I can tell). There are a few minor spots of dust inside - one can be seen with bare eyes - the rest are only revealed with a flashlight, and I've seen no evidence that they impact picture quality at all. The lens comes with its original front cap and a standard Pentax rear cap.

The aperture blades are oil-free and snappy. The aperture ring is click-positive and turns as expected. The focus ring rolls smoothly through the range of motion without grit, catch, or hiccup.

I'll knock $15 off if it's a face-to-face exchange in Dallas/Fort Worth where neither of us have to worry about shipping, fraud, damage, delivery, and unhappiness... plus to meet another Pentaxian in the wild!

Here are photos of the lens showing its condition. I took these photos a few months ago to try to sell it locally... then I noticed the dust that settled on the surface of the lens. I set out tonight to take more with it cleaned, and despite how much I love taking photos, I hate taking photos of lenses with equal intensity. So 2-month old photos it is.

You can view higher resolution versions of these photos at this imgur album here. Click on each for larger resolution.
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Please take a look through the pictures and send me a PM if you're interested. Thanks!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Fair

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
Included

Shipping Services
USPS/UPS/FedEx

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Within 7 days of buyer's receipt of item

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by disasterfilm; 07-15-2016 at 11:50 AM.
07-15-2016, 10:25 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
This is a steal. If I have not already owned one, I would definitely purchase this.