Item for Sale
Pentax Refconverter

Asking Price
100.00 AUD

Item Location
Sydney (Australia)

Item Description
My spouse opened my dry cabinet sale...

In great condition. Not sure which model this is. Used previously with my K-5.

Comes with a casing.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
U.S, U.K, Canada, Australia

Shipping Charge
TBA

Shipping Services
Aust post

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
07-30-2016, 02:08 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by buzzvic Quote
Item for Sale
Pentax Refconverter

Not sure which model this is. Used previously with my K-5.

This is a Pentax Refconverter-M, which physically will fit all Pentax SLR's starting with the M-series bodies (ME, ME Super, ME F, etc.) and all of the Pentax DSLR's. [It will physically not fit on the K-series SLR bodies or any of the screwmount bodies.]

However, in at least some post-M-series Pentax bodies (specifically the A-series, e.g., Super Program / Super A, from personal experience), the viewfinder info at the bottom of the finder window will not be visible through the Refconverter -- the Refconverter-A takes care of that problem with a taller baffle opening -- see http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/misc/focus/refconverter-AM.jpg, which compares the Ref-M with the Ref-A in this regard.

There are some Refconverter reviews at Pentax Refconverter-A reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database, but you have to read each review carefully, since the page is marked as if it's just for the Ref-A, but it seems to contain a mixture of reviews for perhaps all four Pentax Refconverter models. :-(
07-30-2016, 04:33 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 35 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fwcetus Quote
This is a Pentax Refconverter-M, which physically will fit all Pentax SLR's starting with the M-series bodies (ME, ME Super, ME F, etc.) and all of the Pentax DSLR's. [It will physically not fit on the K-series SLR bodies or any of the screwmount bodies.]

However, in at least some post-M-series Pentax bodies (specifically the A-series, e.g., Super Program / Super A, from personal experience), the viewfinder info at the bottom of the finder window will not be visible through the Refconverter -- the Refconverter-A takes care of that problem with a taller baffle opening -- see http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/misc/focus/refconverter-AM.jpg, which compares the Ref-M with the Ref-A in this regard.

There are some Refconverter reviews at Pentax Refconverter-A reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database, but you have to read each review carefully, since the page is marked as if it's just for the Ref-A, but it seems to contain a mixture of reviews for perhaps all four Pentax Refconverter models. :-(
Thanks for the info.

I found this an incredibly useful accessory for macro shots of flowers and to have a different perspective on shots.
07-31-2016, 04:16 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by buzzvic Quote
Thanks for the info.

I found this an incredibly useful accessory for macro shots of flowers and to have a different perspective on shots.

Agreed. And I (unfortunately - LOL) have found it more and more useful for "low shooting", due to the fact that aging has made me a lot less able to physically get my body down low enough for such "low shooting", which a Refconverter helps me avoid having to do.

And, the switch from 1X viewing to 2X viewing is also a very useful feature, especially for accurate macro manual focusing.

Finally, the build quality of these Refconverters is superb.

What's not to like ?

Oh, and a Refconverter must be especially useful for an Aussie, who has to view things upside down otherwise...

Last edited by fwcetus; 07-31-2016 at 04:35 AM.
07-31-2016, 07:36 AM   #5

Feedback Score: 35 (100%)
Original Poster
BUMP for today

---------- Post added 08-02-2016 at 01:52 AM ----------

BUMP for today

---------- Post added 08-02-2016 at 06:21 AM ----------

Sold pending payment