Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2016, 07:15 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 126 (99%)
NIB KatzEye Focusing Screen for K-3, K-5, K-5ll, K-30, K-50, O-ME53 Magnifying Eyecup

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
NIB KatzEye Focusing Screen, O-ME53 Magnifying Eyecup EX+

Asking Price
SOLD

Item Location
St. Louis, MO (United States)

Item Description
Due to the unfortunate purchase of a K-1 and subsequent tragic orphaning of all my other camera gear, in coming weeks I will liquidate my APSc equipment and significantly reduce my film equipment. My pain is your gain.

It was my intent to retain this camera and use it for telephoto work with my shorter tele lenses, but I have subsequently acquired a 500mm lens and 1.4x TC, so that plan has changed. I need a gimbal head and new computer, so stuff has to go.

#1) Pentax K-3, showing 17xx releases (yes, fewer than 2000 clicks). I am the original owner, received December, 2013. To my eye and hand the camera is in impeccable condition - as close to Mint as appropriate to claim, but I'll say Like New - 98%. I have retained and included all materials originally included in the box (except the Warranty Card if there was one - can't seem to find it).

The camera itself does not seem to have a single mark visible on the body or either LCD screen. On last use last April, and on a test run this evening, all functions operate as designed - there are no known problems with the camera.
Camera price alone $450 SOLD

#2) KatzEye Focusing Screen Plus for K-3, K-5, K-5ll, K-30, K-50 and others: This is from the final batch offered before KatzEye ceased operations. Optibrite Treatment, Split Prism w/Microprism Collar, Thirds Grid and no Pentax Auto-Focusing Brackets (I intended to use the screen for manual focus), The focusing screen has not been installed.
KatzEye Focusing Screen $145 SOLD

#3) Pentax O-ME53 Magnifying Eyecup - installed briefly and removed - MINT Condition Magnifying Eyecup alone $25SOLD

* I also need to buy the Pentax ICK-1 Sensor Cleaning Stick for my K-1

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail Insured

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Return at Buyer's expense within 7 days if not as described and shown in pictures.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 08-02-16 at 08:01 AM ----------

Pam received: query about KatzEye.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Last edited by monochrome; 08-03-2016 at 06:45 PM.
08-02-2016, 01:13 PM   #2
A Proud PENTAXER !!!

Feedback Score: 31 (100%)
PM sent.
08-02-2016, 03:50 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Sale Pending on K-3
08-03-2016, 12:29 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
PM sent

08-03-2016, 01:04 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
KatzEye Focusing Screen and O-ME53 eyecup are Sold Pending Payment.
08-03-2016, 01:16 PM   #6
A Proud PENTAXER !!!

Feedback Score: 31 (100%)
As the guy who purchased the K-3 body by itself (for my second K-3), I should make a couple of comments about the two items I did not pick up.

The reason I did not get the KatzEye screen is because, just like monochrome, I already have an extra one of them, configured exactly like monochrome's, with OptiBrite, with the "Thirds" grid, and with no Pentax AF brackets. That configuration is (for me) the best MF focus screen arrangement there is (which is why I have the exact same KatzEye screen configuration installed in my other K-3 already). And, for those who have been considering a KatzEye, be aware that they are no longer being made, as KatzEye has gone out of business. 'Nuf sed.

As for the O-ME53 magnifier, it can be very useful for obtaining the most accurate manual focusing, especially for macro use, or for portraiture with a very fast lens used wide open. [But, I already have one...]

Just my two f-stops worth...

[EDIT: Well, I can see, from monochrome's post, just 12 minutes before this one, that they are now sold. ]
08-03-2016, 06:14 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Purely for the record, what exactly are the Pentax auto focussing brackets, and what difference does their absence make?
08-03-2016, 06:33 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 30 (100%)
Did the Katz eye sale go through?

08-03-2016, 06:34 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mwilky55 Quote
Did the Katz eye sale go through?
Yes - All sold.

---------- Post added 08-03-16 at 08:41 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Purely for the record, what exactly are the Pentax auto focussing brackets, and what difference does their absence make?
That refers to the grid lines bordering the area of the AF points - the AF sensor area. Since the purpose of the screen is to manual focus fast lenses I ordered the split-image with micro prism collar like a 70's film camera, added the rule-of-thirds grid and the Opti-Brite coating.