PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
SMC Pentax-FA 24-90mm F3.5-4.5 AL [IF]

Asking Price
175.00 USD

Item Location
St. Louis, MO (United States)

Item Description
If you do not know the background and capabilities of the FA24~90 please read the first two reviews recently added to the Pentax Lens Review Database here. I purchased this lens last year from another member anticipating I would get the K-1 In August of this year (right about now, actually). Well, things change. I did not anticipate the D FA28~105, which might or might not be as good a lens as this 24~90, but which I bought with the K-1 at the Dealer.

Now I need a new computer to handle the K-1 files (and a gimbal head to handle another lens), so stuff has to go. My loss is your gain.

This particular copy seems to operate fully as intended, with no barrel wobble and sharp, discrete focusing action on th K-3 and K-1. Cosmetically it is in great condition, with no marks, rubs, dings or scratches on the body and no scratches or other degradation of the glass. It looks and operates like it has sat in a drawer unused for 20 years.

I'll let HoustonBob describe this lens on the K-1 (quoted from the Review Database, quoted):
"The FA 24-90mm f3.5-4.5 lens exceeded the performance capability of any 35mm color film as a sensor; it provided higher resolution, more dynamic range, and more accurate color than any color film could record. It still exceeds any known digital sensor in terms of its dynamic range, color accuracy, and added noise; only in resolution does it fall behind the capabilities of the K-1. Nevertheless its resolution is very good, and more than enough for the vast majority of photographic tasks; who cares about the resolution of a blue sky or being able to see every microscopic pore on a model's face from 30 feet away? I would not use this zoom lens for pixel scanned product photography - but for 95% of photographic purposes this a fine light weight high optical quality lens which covers a very useful range of focal lengths. For those who can't afford the new 24-70 f2.8 lens - this is a good alternative - with the extra reach of the lens making up for its well documented mechanical short comings. (If you encounter excessive vignetting at 24mm on the FA lens try removing the tulip hood - it cut down on that substantially with my K1.)
*** Please PM with any questions ***

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
U.S, U.K, Canada, Australia

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail Insured

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Buyer may return at buyer's shipping expense for a full refund within 7 days is lens is not as stated and photographed.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
08-02-2016, 08:22 PM   #2
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
SMC Pentax-FA 24-90mm F3.5-4.5 AL [IF]

Asking Price
175.00 USD

Item Location
St. Louis, MO (United States)

Item Description
If you do not know the background and capabilities of the FA24~90 please read the first two reviews recently added to the Pentax Lens Review Database here. I purchased this lens last year from another member anticipating I would get the K-1 In August of this year (right about now, actually). Well, things change. I did not anticipate the D FA28~105, which might or might not be as good a lens as this 24~90, but which I bought with the K-1 at the Dealer.

Now I need a new computer to handle the K-1 files (and a gimbal head to handle another lens), so stuff has to go. My loss is your gain.

This particular copy seems to operate fully as intended, with no barrel wobble and sharp, discrete focusing action on th K-3 and K-1. Cosmetically it is in great condition, with no marks, rubs, dings or scratches on the body and no scratches or other degradation of the glass. It looks and operates like it has sat in a drawer unused for 20 years.

I'll let HoustonBob describe this lens on the K-1 (quoted from the Review Database, quoted):
"The FA 24-90mm f3.5-4.5 lens exceeded the performance capability of any 35mm color film as a sensor; it provided higher resolution, more dynamic range, and more accurate color than any color film could record. It still exceeds any known digital sensor in terms of its dynamic range, color accuracy, and added noise; only in resolution does it fall behind the capabilities of the K-1. Nevertheless its resolution is very good, and more than enough for the vast majority of photographic tasks; who cares about the resolution of a blue sky or being able to see every microscopic pore on a model's face from 30 feet away? I would not use this zoom lens for pixel scanned product photography - but for 95% of photographic purposes this a fine light weight high optical quality lens which covers a very useful range of focal lengths. For those who can't afford the new 24-70 f2.8 lens - this is a good alternative - with the extra reach of the lens making up for its well documented mechanical short comings. (If you encounter excessive vignetting at 24mm on the FA lens try removing the tulip hood - it cut down on that substantially with my K1.)
*** Please PM with any questions ***

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
U.S, U.K, Canada, Australia

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail Insured

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Buyer may return at buyer's shipping expense for a full refund within 7 days is lens is not as stated and photographed.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!
PM sent
08-02-2016, 10:53 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Hello. Would you ship to Sweden? I am very interested. Have got the K1 but no wide angle lens for my landscape.

Best

Ruth
08-03-2016, 04:39 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 159 (99%)
Original Poster
PM's received and lens is sold Pending Payment.

---------- Post added 08-03-16 at 09:00 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by trumanusa Quote
PM sent
Payment Received. I will leave the thread open until buyer accepts the lens.