PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax DA*50-135 F2.8ED [IF] SDM

Asking Price
390.00 USD

Item Location
Omaha (United States)

Item Description
This lens has been my workhorse since November of 2008. It has worked well for sports (mainly indoor hockey), events/conferences, and landscapes. Optically, this lens is excellent.

It had its SDM replaced in 2009. Since then the auto focus has been in working order. However, it can be a little slow "waking up" after it's been unused for a month or two. My guess is that someday, the SDM will need to either be bypassed via lens firmware hack (well published/documented in this forum) or repaired/replaced. For that reason, and because the lens does have signs of wear/use (most notably the zoom ring rubber being a little deformed with age), I'm listing it at substantially less than half price of a new lens (new lens price is $1047 at B&H/Adorama).

There is a mar on the front ring near the filter threads (see picture of front element), which I had never noticed until taking pictures of this lens for sale. No damage to glass or filter threads. Quite honestly, I can't imagine how this could have happened under my care...maybe the damage was caused when the lens was in for SDM repair, but I can't say for sure.

Includes original Pentax hood with removable door for CPL access (Note - hood has a crack at the mount but is still fully functional - see pic below), Pentax caps (front cap has some scratching - see pic), Pentax pouch, original box and packing materials and original documentation/papers.

If interested in working a trade, I'm looking for full frame compatible lenses, most specifically the DFA 28-105 and DA* 60-250.

Reasonable offers are welcome and will be considered.

Shipping outside of USA will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Fair

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
Based on USPS Priority Shipping: 14 (shipping) + 5 (insurance) + 3 (signature confirmation) = $22 total. If you accept the risks of no insurance or no signature confirmation, the shipping cost can be reduced accordingly.

Shipping Services
USPS, UPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns for refund (excluding return shipping costs) accepted if not as described. Must be returned within 2 weeks following receipt.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 08-04-16 at 02:07 PM ----------

Pictures taken with this lens:

Last edited by darylk; 08-08-2016 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Revised shipping fees to better reflect actual costs
08-08-2016, 10:29 AM   #2

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Original Poster
Bumping up with further comment:
I love this lens's optical quality. If I wasn't moving up to full frame, I certainly would not be parting with it. Here is a link to a children's Christmas party by my former employer where I volunteered to take shots. All (or most) were taken wide open and with K-3 at ISO 3200. https://darylkottwitzphoto.smugmug.com/Events/2014-HDR-Childrens-Christmas-P/i-cgqnfrB
Thanks for looking!
Daryl